ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preferences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marvelus10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: Preferences Reply with quote

To the many people on here that have all the toys. What do you prefer the SF 1-7 or the flashcart for the SNES.

I want to buy one or the other I really like the idea of having the flash cart but it only holds 4 games at a time. I was curious though if I get a SF7 with 64m then can it only hold four games at a time as well. I would be connecting it to my computer through the paralell port, would this mean that I would have to constanly delete a game to put another on it the same as I would with the flashcart or does the SF7 read the rom from my computer. So basically I could turn on the SF7 so to speek and scan the lists of games I have and play it or would I have to load it first then play it then delete it when I want to play a different game.

I hope I havnt made this more confusing than it is.

thanx eh
FloBo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SF7 like most other SNES-copiers has the disadvantage that it saves the games in RAM. that means as long as the unit is powered, the games will be in memory. once you removed power supply, you have to copy the roms through your parallelport or from FDD... the super flash has a flash-memory like ordinary mp3-players. you just flash some games on the cart and they last until you decide to put others onto the cart.

I prefer the flashcart because it's small and looks more like an ordinary item and is perfect for developing own games^^
marvelus10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok great I guess my descision is made, SuperFlash cart it will be then. Now hopefully they get restocked shortly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: