ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ucon64...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex_e

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: ucon64... Reply with quote

trying to get megaman x2 and 3 working. and i know i need to use ucon64. but when i download it, and click the icon, this dos type screen pops up for less than a second and flickers a whole list of stuff, then closes.
dunno if that makes sense to anyone, but i've tried downloading it a buncha times and still i get the same result. i cant even get ucon64 to open, maybe im just retarded tho. im using winxp pro, could that be the problem?

i'd really like to play these games, so if someone could point me in the right direction, as in a tutorial or tell me just what im doing wrong, it'd be much appreciated.

thnx
The Dumper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uCON64 is a console based app so you either need to open a command prompt (DOS box) to run it, or download the proper front-end so you can use it from Windows.

I don't know if the Super Flash supports X2 and X3. What I do know is that if it does work the only way it can work is to plug in a cart with a C4 chip (MMX2/MMX3/RMX2/RMX3) in the T-Connector. MMX2 and MMX3 use a special chip (Capcom C4) and that chip isn't emulated by the Super Flash so you'll need it to run. There is a chance it could work because you can plug a C4 in back-up unit and get it to work. If the T-Connector passes through the C4 accesses and the Super Flash doesn't conflict with the C4 addresses it should work.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, ucon64 also has a GUI frontend. It might be easier for some people to use than the command-line. Personally, I use both, because I am weird like that Smile

With regards to games that use the C4 chip, are you saying that they can be played in a copier from the external cart slot, or are you saying that you can play them from the copier's DRAM using a C4 in the external cart slot as a chip donor... as is the case with DSP1 games?
The Dumper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jagasian wrote:
With regards to games that use the C4 chip, are you saying that they can be played in a copier from the external cart slot, or are you saying that you can play them from the copier's DRAM using a C4 in the external cart slot as a chip donor... as is the case with DSP1 games?

Either way. You can play from cart or dram. The caveat with dram is that you can only interchange the same C4 game from different regions. So, if you have MMX2 (U) you can run MMX2 (E) and RMX2. If you have MMX3 (U) you can run MMX3 (E) and RMX3. I believe this to be because language independant graphics data used by the C4 chip is stored in the same locations in the different ROMs of the different regional variants. The parts of the game that are language dependent don't use the C4 chip.

This information applies to Back-Up Units (specifically tested on the SWC DX2). I don't know if it will work on a Super Flash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: