ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to copy FDS 2.8" disk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hacker hardware looks a lot like the FDS RAM adapter, it has 9VDC in and out so you can use one AC adapter for both units. It also has a special plug coming out of it which attaches into that mysterious expansion port on the back of the RAM adapter. The device's logic is 100% off the shelf parts, to hide this Hacker bathed half the PCB in epoxy... I'm having a hell of a time slowly picking it away :( In addition to that, they washed off the chip names but under the right light and wetting the surface, I can partially make the names out :)

What I do know is that it contains 32K of SRAM. The Hacker software loads half the disk into the RAM adapter, the other half into the SRAM on the Hacker device and writes it back.

I have a strong feeling my unit is fried (power relay made a loud buzzing the first time I plugged it in), no way I can test though since my Hacker Disk won't boot :( so it's operation is all my educated speculation.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....good luck with that, Kyuusaku, seriously. That's a cool project. What is the name of the device? Any writing on it? I might try to track one down.

That's the first actual use I've ever seen of the port on the Ram adapter. So it was just for expansion like the port on the NES? I've always wondered what it was for...very cool. What's the pinout on that port go to?

-Rob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if the name is "Super Disk Copy System" or "Hacker Pro - Digital", I've been calling it "Hacker Pro" I'll mail you pics later. AFAIK, it's the only device to ever use the expansion port. Not an idea what the port has on it, too lazy to find out although I could probably be the first Very Happy I presume it's just the data bus and two control sigs, there're 10 pins.
ChimyFolkButter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: CopyMaster v1.1 Reply with quote

Is the Copy Master v1.1 a disk that you load into the Turbo Game Doctor? I am looking into a Turbo Game Doctor 4+. Does that work in the TGD 4+?

I was thinking if one could load a game into the FDS/TGD via the fsloader cable to RAM cart then write to disk using CopyMaster.

Thank,

CFB
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy Master is a program by Bung on a FDS disk.

As for the 4+, I don't think so, but memory is fuzzy. Tomy or Kyuusaku would know that.

-Rob
chimyfolkbutter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I got the TurboGame Doctor 4+ to boot up with the Venus I/O Loader disc. It comes up with the Venus, Wild v0.0.

There are a number of options:

1. Boot
2. Catalog
3. New

How do I back up a game?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First rule of Famicom copiers, they don't backup games.

Yes, CopyMaster will work with TGD4+. If you'd like CopyMaster, register and send me a PM. If you're disappointed about your purchase, also send me a PM :)
CFbutter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured this out. TGD only plays games off disks. I was lucky that the TGD I purchased had many games spanning over 50 disks. I did get some games to load like Kong Lives, Dick Tracy and some other Japanese games that I can't read the Kanji. Unfortunately, I was getting Error 27 with the Side C, D disks. Interestingly, I had boot disks too .

I know what the 4Meg attachement does (I think). When I press the button on the TGD, I see the system interupt the game and then you can save your games or load them. I tried doing it and it kept complaining that the disk I put in was a "non Save disk".

So, I'll send you a PM. How would I go about writing copy master to disk? Do I have to hack together FDSLOADER cable and write via FSDLOADER? I am in process of doing it now.

I can see why the TGD 4+ would be useless without the disks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use FDSLoadr but I don't have an image of CopyMaster, I only have an actual diskette which I can copy for you. I hope you do get FDSLoadr working and dump your disks, I'm intrigued by the utility disks.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me, I'm having a hard time staying logged in :(
ChimyFolkButter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Interesting FDS drive has BU3028? Chip gone Reply with quote

Interesting that this FDS drive that came with the TGD has the chip missing but there are wire soldered in it's place. As soon as I get the FDSLoader running for the drive, I'll see if I can actually write disks. Maybe this is a new hack?
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=642&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

My translation of the copy tool is now up here on nesdev. You need ed2k to get them to download. Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

-Rob
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked over them last night, great work!
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, kyuusaku!

Tomy, are these of any help to you for your FDS project/product?

-Rob
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbudrick,

Great ! Good work. Thanks.

You have original book ? I only have photo copy of it. So, my scan is ugly. Some wires can not see from the picture.

Do you have MGD1, 7201 FDS drive ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: