ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gamedoctor SF3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeno88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Gamedoctor SF3 Reply with quote

Hello, I have a few questions about the SF3 I am new to game copiers.

Which games are compatible with the SF3, I see that its 32M does that mean that max 32mega bit games work on it?

I heard that you can split the into parts onto floppies,how does this work is it like I split it onto 3 parts and "install" it onto the SF3 or do I juggle Floppies in mid gameplay kinda like the FAMICOM Disk system?

Final Silly question I am using a PAL SNES now would it be possible if I plugged in a converter which lets me play NTSC-J,U games and then plug in the SF3 onto it so I dont need to rip the guts out of some cart.

Pardon my bad english
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your English is fine.

The GDSF3 32M sold on this site means it has 32 Megabits of RAM in it, which is the maximum amount for the GDSF3. 32 Megabits is 4 Megabytes. The only games for SNES which are bigger than 32 Megabits / 4 Megabytes are games which were only released in Japan, and there aren't that many of them. The GDSF6 and GDSF7 support more memory, up to 128 Megabits.

The way it works is if a game is bigger than 12 Megabits (1.5 Megabytes) you have to use a program to split it into pieces. The largest game you'd deal with with GDSF3 with 32 Megabits would take 3 Disks if you use 12 Megabit pieces, 4 if you use 8 Megabit pieces.

The entire game is loaded before you play it, there is never any in-game loading like Famicom Disk System.

You could probably use a converter assuming you managed to fit them together properly. Really I wouldn't recommend it. The GDSF3 is large and fairly heavy so adding an adapter to the mix will make it hard to balance properly. It's meant to sit ontop of your console which helps to balance it on the cartridge slot.

I highly recommend you get a Japanese or US system. Since you are in a PAL area it's probably fairly likely you can get or already have a TV that will support NTSC. Most games are meant for play in NTSC anyway. If you can't get a NTSC system, you probably would need to adapt the GDSF3 or your SNES console to get around the lockout. I would recommend modifying your SNES console in that case.
Xeno88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
Your English is fine.

The GDSF3 32M sold on this site means it has 32 Megabits of RAM in it, which is the maximum amount for the GDSF3. 32 Megabits is 4 Megabytes. The only games for SNES which are bigger than 32 Megabits / 4 Megabytes are games which were only released in Japan, and there aren't that many of them. The GDSF6 and GDSF7 support more memory, up to 128 Megabits.

The way it works is if a game is bigger than 12 Megabits (1.5 Megabytes) you have to use a program to split it into pieces. The largest game you'd deal with with GDSF3 with 32 Megabits would take 3 Disks if you use 12 Megabit pieces, 4 if you use 8 Megabit pieces.

The entire game is loaded before you play it, there is never any in-game loading like Famicom Disk System.

You could probably use a converter assuming you managed to fit them together properly. Really I wouldn't recommend it. The GDSF3 is large and fairly heavy so adding an adapter to the mix will make it hard to balance properly. It's meant to sit ontop of your console which helps to balance it on the cartridge slot.

I highly recommend you get a Japanese or US system. Since you are in a PAL area it's probably fairly likely you can get or already have a TV that will support NTSC. Most games are meant for play in NTSC anyway. If you can't get a NTSC system, you probably would need to adapt the GDSF3 or your SNES console to get around the lockout. I would recommend modifying your SNES console in that case.

Thanks that cleared up alot but I see that I cannot use just some random Adapter with it I got
SNES,NES,Mega DriveMODEL 1,MEGA CD MODEL 2 adapter and some weird adapter that has the specs(IN 220v AC § 50HZ 0.12 A OUT 9V DC --- AT 1,4 A)

Might some of these adapters work with the SF3????
- - -
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your MegaDrive model 1 AC adapter says it outputs 9 volts DC, at 1.2amps, use that. I use the US version the Sega Genesis model 1 AC adapter with mine.
Xeno88

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
If your MegaDrive model 1 AC adapter says it outputs 9 volts DC, at 1.2amps, use that. I use the US version the Sega Genesis model 1 AC adapter with mine.

My 2 Mega Drive Adapters say OUTPUT 10V 1.2A 12VA will this work?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should work, I don't think it'll hurt it.
Xeno88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that you can also use Mega Drive adapter with Game Doctor SF6?

Oh and one more question where do I place the CIC Chip anyway is there some hatch or something or do I open up the entire Gamedoctor?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the MD AC Adapter should work for the GDSF3, 6, and 7.

The CIC chip is not accessible from the outside of the Game Doctor. Again I recommend if you must use the system on a PAL SNES, you should get a second PAL SNES to modify. The easiest thing to do would be to mod a PAL SNES to disable the lockout chip, and then just use that system with your GDSF unit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: