ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me with Super UFO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BimboBoop

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Help me with Super UFO Reply with quote

Hi guys. I own a Super UFO pro with 7.3 bios. Rare is the case shows "Super UFO Pro 8"
So I was trying some cartridges and from nowhere the video has gone and now It just had a black screen. A friend told me that it seems the CPU of the Super UFO got broken, so I have to replace it. So question is: anyone has a compatible SUper UFO Hyper 7.3 CPU to sell?
BTW If anyone have the old dumped 8.0 bios that will help me a lot too. I want to test some stuffs

UPDATE: I already have the 8.0 bios and confirmed that is possible to replace the 7.3 bios with those ones. I share this info cause maybe is usefull with someone around here Smile Now I am just lacking replacing the broken CPU chip. Please Help!

REUPDATE: The exactly chip I am looking for is the ALTERA CHIP EPM7064LC84-15 B9425. It must have the program to run a SUper UFO HYPER 7. or 8 already built in. SInce these are programable chips.

IMG_2005.JPG
 Description:
It must have the program to run a Super UFO HYPER 7.* or 8 already built in
 Filesize:  115.99 KB
 Viewed:  3508 Time(s)

IMG_2005.JPG

Last edited by BimboBoop on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man where did you get your machine? I got some dirty ones from the Bangkok streets but this one tops them all. Spiders, dust...nasty stuff!

So anyway, what you took a pic of is a CPLD, not a CPU. CPLD are programmed specifically for a device so you won't find another one unless it comes from another UFO.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that even a new CPLD won't get it running, what you need is to clean that thing. I can clearly see some corrosion on the PLCC pins so you should first change this socket, and if the corrosion hasn't spread too deep to the CPLD it should still be operating properly.
I'm guessing some other parts of the UFO might be corroded so you should start with a deep inspection of all the pins and connections.
BimboBoop

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi man, thanks, But you are wrong since the beggining, thats not a picture taken from my super UFO. I have a friend that have many super UFO replacements (from many models, since he used to import them back in the day). AS soon my console died I went to his house and asked him if he can fix it, He realized it was the ALTERA chip the one got broken so he searched in all his replacements with no luck. After that I leaved my Super Ufo and SNES with him in case he could found another one with more patience, but again, that doesnt happened. SInce I realized I will need a picture and code from the exact replacement I am looking for, I asked him to sent me one. He Just send me this. SO this is not my SUper UFo, and is not the One I am trying to repair. Again, I am looking for that replacement I hope someone have it Smile
BimboBoop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys sorry, anybody else have any info about how to found an ALTERA chip replacement? it seems It will work with an UFO 7 or UFO 8 Altera chip.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Mystic_Merlin told you, the chip is a standard part that is programmable. Finding another of these chips won't help you on its own. The chip needs to be programmed with the UFO's design. Unless someone has extracted/copied it so that you could program another chip, you're only luck would be to find another broken UFO that still has a working CPLD chip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: