ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N64 Development Box from Nintendo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChimyFolkButter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: N64 Development Box from Nintendo? Reply with quote

Hey guys, what is this? Is this official?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8241605211
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, that pic on the right seems genuine, but it's certainly just a few small pieces of the many needed for a full N64 dev kit.

As for the N64 itself, looks very standard, but can't tell from the pics.

Come to think of it, did N64 dev kits come with standard N64s? Or were they modified?

-Rob
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a SN64 cart, by SN Systems official but not by Nintendo. Definately the most commonly used kit by 3rd party developers in UC and EU territories. It's not clear from the photo what the CD contains, it could be either the earlier standard environment or their later ProDG. More importantly it's missing the required proprietary (I think) SCSI card.

If you're looking to use it as a copier, I don't think it'd be too practical.

The N64 in the picture is not a standard N64, it's modified by KMC who made the 1st party N64 kit. The KMC system and SN64 cart don't exactly go together but you'd still be able to use the KMC's features. As for the differences, I know that the Jumper Pak is not normal, it has a purple cap like the Expansion Pak had a red one. I don't know what the unit provides other than the 4mb of expansion RDRAM, I'm not sure if anything else could even be placed on that bus. I've heard that some retail games look for a KMC system and will allow you to access material intended for developer eyes only. That means that the system must have a special IPL as well then since the memory pak couldn't be all that special.

A good price for the SN64 cart loose is ~$30, complete ~$100 for the old system, $200-300 for the new system just for the ProDG suite

If you see the red SN64 cart, it's not the same thing, it's an inferior model intended for sound and graphics artists :P It's worth slightly less but it's slightly more rare.

A good price for the KMC system would be around $50-75
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: