ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCE 4m card for gb xchanger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
christian_mather

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: PCE 4m card for gb xchanger Reply with quote

Has anybody bought one of these yet?

I'd like to be able to use both the 4m card for the pcegine and also add another flash card for the gba.

I know the xchanger is for the gb only. Is there a way for me to use for GBA as well??

Thanks to all that reply.
Chris.
ShadowStitch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one, it's really great. They even have a really nice little sofware tool that strips the first 512b and such for you, to make roms work. You're limited by the 4m size, but that means you only miss out on maybe 2-3 games. Otherwise it's great to play with!

The 4m PCE Pocket Voice works only with the GB Xchanger loading device, it will not (to my knowledge) work with any other loading device (Such as the GBA Flash Linker)

To make it simpler:
GBC Flash carts ONLY work with the GB Xchangers.
GBA Flash carts ONLY work with the GBA Flash Linkers.
Since the PCE 4m is based around a GBC Flash Cart, it ONLY works with the GBX.

If you want to flash GBA games, you'll need a GBA Flash cart and some sort of GBA flash linker...they may look the same, but they don't work the same.
You can't put GBA roms on a GBC cart, and for all intents and purposes, you can't put GBC roms on a GBA cart.
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess you missed the GB Bridge they made for the Flash Advance Pro then. The Flash Advanced Writer software will write both, which game menu appears depends on whether the bridge is attached or not. It does allow you to store and play both types of games on the same cart, but good luck finding the saves (you have about a snowball's chance in hell). Not to mention the bridge is ultra-bulky at twice the width of a GB cart.
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yes, you actually can put GBC games on a GBA cart and have them work, the rest of your argument is correct though. The software for one flasher will usually not work with another unit. The PCE card was made from a GBC card made for the GBX, only a GBX can flash it. I might also add, GBA carts won't even fit the GBX, so if someone did write a program that would, it's still physically impossible.
ShadowStitch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'll note my anal retentive grammatical clause, I said:
"for all intents and purposes, you can't put GBC roms on a GBA cart."

The key words there being 'for all intents and purposes.'

Yes, I'm quite aware of the GB Bridge, but I was being as general as I could in my explanation; I consider it pointless to have to buy a piggyback adapter just to play a GBC rom from a GBA cart.
I think you'll agree that as a standalone device, NO existing GBA flashcart is capable (read: properly pinned) of playing GBC roms straight, as a regular GBC flash cart would. I realize there are primitive GBC emulators for GBA that bypass this stipulation, and of course, devices like the GB Bridge, but again, those are just workarounds for a function that does not exist for GBA carts.

If you REALLY want to play GBC games authentically, buy a GBX flashcart. It's as simple as that. Wink
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the PCE thing is ONLY compatible with GB X-changer, no other GB/C copiers.
christian_mather

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raistlin77 what are you on? Shocked Nobody is arguing here! I asked a simple question to which ShadowStich replied.

Take some time out, smoke some joints, stop playing video games, stop drawing pcb schematics or whatever you do, but for god's sake remove that hair from your ass Exclamation
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you REALLY want to play GBC games authentically, buy a GBX flashcart. It's as simple as that.

Umm, where? I've been looking for a 64m one for a while...have the GB Xchanger, but no cart.

Quote:
Do you not think you were wrong?:X:X

FOAD, bitch, and get off this board.

-Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: