ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Troubleshooting GDSF7 hardware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eidis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Troubleshooting GDSF7 hardware Reply with quote

I am trying to link it with my pc through 1-1 parallel port cable (male connector on both sides). I switch the SF7 on while holding the right shoulder button on gamepad. Both devices are switched on (pc and SF7). But I can't get it to display the text "linking". At what point should this text appear ? I have tried to link GDSF7 with four PC's in standart and EPP port modes in pure dos, windows 98 and still no luck. Are there any limitations in cable length ? All pins on my cable are connected 1-1. The software with which I tried was Ucon64 2.0.0 and Gtool. Please help a fellow retrogamer.
Eidis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it working finaly. I soldered pins 18-25 (ground) together on my cable and everything started to work perfectly.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good to know it. Then it is not enough grounding problem.
Thanks for your info. Very Happy
Raistlin77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I've heard of this one. But another common problem is with it stopping with an error after the first block of RAM is filled. I meant to post the fix for this months ago but kept getting sidetracked. When I unplugged the power adapter before sending, suddenly it worked perfectly. I am not sure why this is. I have a power supply that matches the recommendations perfectly. My solution was to add an extension cord and one of those little outlets with a switch they sell practically everywhere (Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc.). Now I just flip the switch before sending, then click the parallell switch box to something else when it's done, and turn the switch back on. Apparently the problem is one of voltage, maybe some parallel ports supply more than others, so it must have been overloading it or something. Once I solved that it's worked fine. I've played through all but the bonus level of Star Ocean just fine (my reason for getting it, I already had an SWC DX2).

One other thing I must stress, if you have the 128M. Do not run a check on the RAM with a game loaded. It will report 96M. The only way to get it back to 128M is to disconnect the power and parallel cables until it resets, then hook it back up and recheck it. I'm guessing that this is some bug in the hardware due to the fact it was only meant to go up to 96M originally. Also, most games don't care what bank you put them in. Star Ocean seems to only start up when you start with the last 4 banks (ie, have it on M before you send if you have a 128M).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: