ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GD7 TO PC?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbjh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rippin snare wrote:
You are right. It isn't very reliable. I thought it was a cool feature at first but it gets quite annoying when you reload a 'snapshot' and the music is out synch, locked up, or no music at all. Quite annoying. 8M lost using it per game is a bit much too.

Indeed. SWC RTS data is 2 M. Less, but it quickly adds up to lot of space too. The most annoying problem with save states is when for some reason it doesn't contain the full state of the SNES (or the SWC can't restore it). Then you think you saved just before that hard part of the game you are playing and then it turns out that it restores the game to a point much ealier... The only game where I use RTS is BS Radical Dreamers (translation). I really like that game. Demi wrote in the readme that the SRAM function (in the game) isn't reliable, so I use RTS. However, to me it seems that SRAM saves are more reliable than RTS saves.

rippin snare wrote:
BTW... you kept using SWC in your last post.. is that meaning Super Wild Card?

Yes. It saves some typing :-)

rippin snare wrote:
And if so does your transferring work with the Game doctor SF7??

Nope. You'll have to wait for John. I just added support for it, because he wrote that he was waiting for me :-) Again, as soon as John is done I will release a binary so that you (and other people) won't have to wait for the official release of 1.9.8-3. John is quite a busy man so please have a little patience.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok np. I will wait patiently. I didn't realize it was someone else doing that portion of it but now that you mention it I do remember that being said eariler.

thanks again for your great work. I will keep watch for the next release.

take care
dbjh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

John has added GD RTS transfer code to uCON64. For me that was what was holding the next release. I would like to have the code tested by somebody else. Are you willing to test it a bit? I can send you a binary, but I need to know what e-mail address I should use. It's probably best if you would tell me your address in a private message (to avoid spam).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: