ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interested in purchasing flash cart's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papilow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Interested in purchasing flash cart's Reply with quote

Hello i am interested in purchasing the flash cart for my Sega Genesis.
i currently have an ez flash for my gba so i am familiar with the process if this one is any thing like that.

i would like to know a few things.

how does this work.

what are the compatablity problems (ie games and or systems)

are there emulators available for this ie master system, gg nes ect

does the unit require both parallel and usb? or can i only use one. if so why does it require both?

what are the return policy's if im not happy with it, or if it does not work, or if i just decide i dont want it.

is there aposibilty that i can damage the system? i may purchase the genesis and or the snes verson of this.

thanks in advance
dbjh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Interested in purchasing flash cart's Reply with quote

papilow wrote:
how does this work.

Please be a bit more specific with your questions.

papilow wrote:

I only own the Super Flash (SNES), so I can only comment on that device. The general rule there is: if a game needs an add-on chip it won't work, if it doesn't it probably will work. You should be able to find some info about the compatibility of the MD-PRO if you use the Search feature of this forum.

papilow wrote:
are there emulators available for this ie master system, gg nes ect

No idea (use Google). There aren't any made by ToToTEK if that is what you meant.

papilow wrote:
does the unit require both parallel and usb? or can i only use one. if so why does it require both?

ToToTEK's current devices use USB for power. Yes, it's a bit of a kludge, but at least you won't need a separate power supply. The parallel port is used for data transfer.

papilow wrote:
what are the return policy's if im not happy with it, or if it does not work, or if i just decide i dont want it.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Look around to see whether people are happy with their devices. I am happy with mine. If you want a device like the MD-PRO you haven't much choice anyway. The most important problem that keeps coming back on the forum is the incompatibility problem between the parallel port of newer PCs and ToToTEK's devices.
Tomy seems quite willing what returning *defective* devices are concerned.

papilow wrote:
is there aposibilty that i can damage the system? i may purchase the genesis and or the snes verson of this.

Well, you could put the Super Flash backwards in your SNES if you don't use a cartridge casing. I read that it can damage your SNES. The same probably applies to the MD-PRO. If you use a cartridge casing for your flash card there should be no problem.
SegaDevega

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Interested in purchasing flash cart's Reply with quote

papilow wrote:
how does this work.

The flashcart contains a chip, which I presume has some of Tototeks own custom software on it. As far as I know, the software (Dream writer) writes your ROM image onto the chip to, and tells the custom software (on the chip) where it can find your ROM.

Normal Megadrive games contains a chip, which has the game on. The rest of the cartridge is simple hard wires which connect the pins for the chip into the right pins inside the Megadrive's cartridge port.

A ROM image is just a copy of what is on the chip inside the cartridge.

Some games have extra built in hardware, in which case the game won't work when you put it onto a Tototek cart (since the game needs the extra hardware that's missing in order to run properly).

papilow wrote:

See above!

Don't have a degree in electronics or computing?

Don't know sh*t about programming?

Then visit Devega!

www.sega-devega.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: