ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is up with this SF7 board!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strike

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: What is up with this SF7 board!? Reply with quote

Ok, so I collect and own a bunch of SF6/7 variants and just received an SF7 from the UK to replace or swap board with my own dead "plain" SF7 depending on shell condition, and I immediately had issues with it booting.

First it didn't boot, then it did (with an SRAM error), then I added more RAM, and then it didn't boot, tried with a different passthrough AND YET another different exp RAM card, and then it did, then I loaded a game to test, then my save file, go to boot, and it deletes it all. Boot again, graphics degraded. Switch off and boot again, menu and graphics degraded even more. Boot again: Black screen. So something is up with this unit I ordered, either the board itself or the RAM inside, so I crack it open....

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS RATS' NEST!?

None of my other SF6 and 7 copiers have that crap. What is up with that CIC? I tried ripping all the wires and crap off and leaving that chip, but then it didn't boot. Then again, I may need to resolder that funky fake CIC wire back to the pin it was on, but what the hell!? Can anyone give me any info on what is going on here?
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a Super CIC mod to boot in either PAL or NTSC. I think gamedoctorhk.com sell those.
Try resetting the SNES or do some long reset to see if you notice any change of behavior.

If you wanna revert back to a regular CIC be aware that some traces might have been cut. Best thing to do is probably to document yourself on the Super CIC mod installation and operation on a regular Snes to understand what's been done to this copier.
Strike

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it came from the UK and I suspect this was a mod for UK consoles. I'll be replacing that CIC with one from a cheap donor game. I didn't find any broken traces on my quick visual inspection, but I'll be going over them with a multimeter later and fix if need be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: