ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Magic Drive 800 green screen loading from floppy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lore9901

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Super Magic Drive 800 green screen loading from floppy Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone with some technical knowledge is able and willing to point me in the right direction. A while ago i got a super magic drive (without the drive) in non working condition which has been lying around, the only thing i did was remove the obvious leaking battery and clean a hell of a lot of corrosion. At first glance the unit seemed to be alive but as i had no cable, no drive and a depression got between me and my hobby things grinded to a halt.

until recently, thanks to this forum i was able to find at least some documentation on how to connect a pc floppy drive to the smd and things started to look ok. Drive works, format works, cartridge dump works, floppy read works. play from floppy however..... loads file followed by only the background color, nothing more.

i tried ruling out the drive by using the disk on a pc and firing up an emulator, it loads and plays fine. primary suspect is the smd, i used a multimeter to check all the traces, they are fine.

Sockets for eprom, sram and header for dram replaced as they were corroded, q1, d1, r7, r8 replaced, eprom visually ok, replaced to be on safe side, sram too. memory board is visually ok and recognized.

where to look next? visually looks ok, traces ok, cartridge plays fine. am i missing something stupid?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: