ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question regarding Tototek 64m modules for GDSF6 with GDSF7.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CZroe

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject: Question regarding Tototek 64m modules for GDSF6 with GDSF7. Reply with quote

Hello. I’ve seen reference to 64m modules made by Tototek that were made to work with both SF6 and SF7. I just bought a 64m module for the SF6 and I’m wondering if it will work with my SF7. The seller says it was one made by Tototek but that he specifically selected the SF6 option.

I know there are 64m modules that work with either SF6 or SF7 and I believe there are modules that only work with SF7… but is there a 64m SF6 module that will not work with SF7?

Trying to find out before it ships tomorrow so I probably won’t get an answer in time, but thanks!
NorQue

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old versions of the SNES Copier page on Tototek list SF7 only and SF6 & SF7 modules, but none that work on SF6 only. [1] [2] I'd assume you're good there.
CZroe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I’ve been fighting with it a few days after replacing one of the GDSF7’s two 32m modules with the Tototek 64m one. The SF7 always recognizes the full capacity and it passes the self test but certain banks just don’t work with the module in the external socket (games corrupt/not booting). Finally I removed the warranty sticker and put the larger module inside. Suddenly every bank works and I have the full 96m. Hopefully I can get another 64m module for 128m if it doesn’t have the same issue with that socket.
NorQue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is someone from France regularly offering 64M expansion RAM: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334430825836 - I got one from him a while ago, haven't gotten around testing it yet, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: