ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

defect Super Pro Fighter Q - looking for some informations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnwoo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:14 am    Post subject: defect Super Pro Fighter Q - looking for some informations Reply with quote

Hi Forum,

glad to have this forum still alive on the internet, the time from around 1993 seems more and more gone actually on the internet, if you are searching for 20 or 30 year old informations from this 90er time around seems really hard today ;/

I got an not working "defect" Super Pro Fighter Q (PAL Version) without a Power Unit.
Can some tell what or which power unit for a PAL Version is required for this Super Pro Figher Q needs to operate correct ? 10V /1.3mA ?

Can anyone tell me if this motherboard is complete or is it missing a microchip or two.

And what I also noticed, which I find unusual, that in the "cyc-610" and on the "U12" PALCE16V8H-25PC74 microchip a disc capacitor is simply plugged in at the legs. is that correct ?

And i think there are on the Motherboard one or two missing capacitors on C1 and maybe C2 too. Do someone knows what C1 and maybe C2 for capacitors needs there ?

If someone can tell me more informations about this Motherboard, please feel free Smile
And i would really love to have a schematic and docs to this motherboard too Smile

Thanks a Lot

Last edited by johnwoo on Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Two things first, can you reduce the size of your pics, there might be an option in imgur?
Then please get rid of that battery asap, you're lucky it hasn't leaked yet. Just take a nose plier and wiggle it gently until it breaks.

Other than that your board seems in good condition and almost complete.
The 2 missing caps near the voltage regulator are for decoupling, some copiers just use one but you're better off putting 2 according to the recommendations of the manufacturer. Both should be rated 220uF 16V.
The rest of the missing ICs are normal for an Asian pro fighter as these were not sold with parallel port support.

The power supply is not needed at this stage for just testing the display but yes, 9-10V 1.2A centre negative such as a Megadrive 1 PSU is correct.

That cyc-60 IC is actually the CIC but I've never seen such "fake labelling" for a pirate CIC and I've seen plenty. Are you sure your device is PAL? 60 should be and indication of a NTSC cic.
Best way to make sure is to always boot with a PAL cart on top.

The film caps on some of the ICs are normal and used for filtering, I've seen those used this way many times on copiers.

Your machine should be operating properly, most of the time the issue comes from a dirty connector so just use a white eraser on the contact to make sure they're clean and shiny.
You don't need the memory or the power supply until you get a display.
If your copier behaves as if you were booting your SNES without a cart, you may have an issue with the CIC. If you have a video signal but a black screen then it might be some dirty contact or an issue with the BIOS Eprom, sometimes cleaning its contacts can help.
johnwoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mystic Merlin, thank you so much for answering and helping me out on my questions Very Happy
Mystic_Merlin wrote:
Hi there,

Two things first, can you reduce the size of your pics, there might be an option in imgur?

Not that i know that there is an option for resizing images on imgur, i just reupload 320x240px sizes to imgur and linked them to the original sized images.
@Offtopic: this forum runs phpbb and there are many options to add functions for image postings, just read the manual about this, i am not familiar with that, just readed about it.

Quote:
Then please get rid of that battery asap, you're lucky it hasn't leaked yet. Just take a nose plier and wiggle it gently until it breaks.
Thanks, yes, i allready have taken off the battery, cause they leaked allready...

Quote:
Other than that your board seems in good condition and almost complete.
Very Happy i hope

Quote:
The 2 missing caps near the voltage regulator are for decoupling, some copiers just use one but you're better off putting 2 according to the recommendations of the manufacturer. Both should be rated 220uF 16V.
The power supply is not needed at this stage for just testing the display but yes, 9-10V 1.2A centre negative such as a Megadrive 1 PSU is correct.

The power input connector sits directly behind the LM340T5 7805 P+ voltage converter and i was looking into the datasheet of the LM340T5 and if i am reading correctly
input needs 10V@1A ,
Both capacitors behind the LM340T5, one is for power input, the other capacitor is for power output, says the datasheet.
Input capacitor = 0.22uF and output capacitor = 0.1uF ... so i am not sure what is correctly cause you wrote 9V-10V ... and if i am using 9V its under voltaged.. or ?

The rest of the missing ICs are normal for an Asian pro fighter as these were not sold with parallel port support.

Quote:
That cyc-60 IC is actually the CIC but I've never seen such "fake labelling" for a pirate CIC and I've seen plenty.
i dont know, i got them so as you can see ... may be you can tell me more infos about that or the CIC for the pro fighter series, please Smile ?

Quote:
Are you sure your device is PAL? 60 should be and indication of a NTSC cic.
I dont know. I was thinking it was a PAL machine, cause i got them from eBay Germany. Is there any kind of test or something to get for sure its a PAL machine or maybe its for Japanese super famicom ???

Quote:
Best way to make sure is to always boot with a PAL cart on top.
Let me do that when i get soon an PAL snes with a PAL module.

Quote:
The film caps on some of the ICs are normal and used for filtering, I've seen those used this way many times on copiers.
Ok. i see, its kind of chinese electronical kung-fu techniq Smile)) Tricky, but works Smile)) nice

Quote:
Your machine should be operating properly, most of the time the issue comes from a dirty connector so just use a white eraser on the contact to make sure they're clean and shiny.
You don't need the memory or the power supply until you get a display.
If your copier behaves as if you were booting your SNES without a cart, you may have an issue with the CIC. If you have a video signal but a black screen then it might be some dirty contact or an issue with the BIOS Eprom, sometimes cleaning its contacts can help.
let me try when i can get and then replace the LM340T5 and the two missing capacitors, also need need a 10V@1A power unit too Smile
Are there any documentations for the pro fighter series ? I really like to know more about them all Smile Thanks a lot
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand your question regarding the capacitors and the power supply.
As I mentioned you need a MD1 9V 1.2A center negative and the 2 capacitors are 220uF16V

This Pro Fighter is most likely from Asia so it is designed to work with a Japanese or US SNES. If you want to use it on a PAL system you might have to change the CIC for a PAL one you can get from a PAL cartridge.
NorQue

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@johnwoo: What Mystic_Merlin says, that kind of PSU is pretty much standard for most Asian electronics from this period. 7805s operate from 7V to 25V, so 9V, >1A, center negative is fine. On German message boards the PSUs from Leicke usually get recommended, this one will work (I'm using it myself).

For the lockout chip I'd just disable the lockout chip inside the SNES with the pin 4 method. If you want to play Kirby Super Star or other SA1 games on that Super Nintendo later you'll probably want a proper SuperCIC installed, but the parts are pretty hard to get right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: