ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Doctor SF7 Bios v7.11 Mod (Hack) Menu Mode ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireBirds

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:37 am    Post subject: Game Doctor SF7 Bios v7.11 Mod (Hack) Menu Mode ? Reply with quote

Is there a modified v7.11 bios for the Game Doctor SF7?

Since I have a wireless controller on the SNES, I would like the "Menu Mode" to be displayed automatically when I switch on the Console GDS7.
Unfortunately, this only works when you turn it on with the R button on the controller.

Does anyone have an idea how I can do that?

Thanks.

Greetings FireBirds
NorQue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that myself recently, but couldn't get past the SRAM check in bsnes-plus. If you find anything let us know. There has been new version of Mesen2 released recently that's supposed to have a very good debugger, maybe it's worth giving that a shot.
Bishop702

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:17 am    Post subject: The jumpers do it! Reply with quote

I have several Game Doctor sf units.. Sf7,sf6, sf6 professor, sf7 professor and have toyed with the jumpers over the years. They are in storage right now but one of my SF7 versions I converted to go to menu mode strait from boot, NO R BUTTON NEEDED. there are 4 jumpers on the board, one of which is for English on boot.. Most people and the net info know about the English jumper, but one of the other 3 does the Boot to Menu option. It's lost knowledge over the years. I use an old Dell 600 laptop with it and got tired of using the r button on that one so I found the info years ago on a lost website.
Once the jumper is connected it boots to menu or if a parallel cable is used with a computer it goes strait to the computer load option screen and wait for you to send the file.. I'll try to get the sf7 out of storage and find out which jumper it was.. but it's not the English option jumper so only three left to try.
Also the sf7 can load 12mb files off disks, the sf6 can't.
and another bit of info..
DO NOT USE 128mb if you want full compatibility with games.
Some games are incompatible with 128mb.. 96mb is the sweet spot..
I have been using these machine for over 20 years and they are the best.. I also have swc dx2 and 2 double pro fighters, profighter x and a profight x2 .
I use the sf7 the most since I converted almost ever rom and modern Hacks.
Also make sure the wires for the floppy are soldered well or you will get disk errors over time.

Hope this helps and when I get my copiers out of storage I'll try to post some pics

Bishop702
Bishop702

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:37 am    Post subject: Game Doctor Sf Jumper info from Old erased Cherry Roms Site. Reply with quote

Jumpers and known functions for The game Doctor SF 6 and 7, 3?

S1-CLOSE-Disable Auto Load****I think this is what your are looking for!
S1-OPEN -Auto Load ON*****Thos is default and what you have now
S2-CLOSE-No effect? I think this effects the The Japanese text type
S2-OPEN-DEFAULT, NO effect..
S3-CLOSE-English mode text
S3-OPEN -DEFAULT, NO effect.
S4-CLOSE-Japanese text.
S4-OPEN -DEFAULT, NO effect.

These took me years to find and I hope they help you and others.
This information might want to be posted on the main Page.
Enjoy and let me know how it goes.
I love my Game Doctors SFs, they are built like tanks. When I have time I will post all the info I have accumulated over the years to help out others.
Thanks to Tommy and others for keeping this site alive.
If you have anymore questions I'll try and help as much as I can.

Bishop702.. Go Knights.
NorQue

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is neat, thank you very much! Closed S1 in my Game Doctor SF7 and now it no longer boots into the Auto-Load menu. Finally, so many unnecessary resets.
Bishop702

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help.. I was planning to put a switch on my Game Doctor SFs years ago but never got around to it, so I could turn that function on or off when needed. Just found the the old print out last night when I opened the storage been. Enjoy.. I hope this helps others too, thanks for the response.

Bishop702
PS: I want to thank also Mystic_Merlin for sharing his knowledge and time here over the years
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting info indeed, I always believed these switches were related to the different revisions of the GDSF7 as a GP2 or PSF2.

I'll try this out soon. For reference I attached the settings on my Game Partner 2

Quote:
Bishop702
PS: I want to thank also Mystic_Merlin for sharing his knowledge and time here over the years

Thanks Very Happy
We're a tiny community but we're trying to stay relevant. Thanks to Tomy for keeping the site alive for so long too and dbjh for constantly keeping uCON64 up to date Wink

gp2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.8 KB
 Viewed:  4661 Time(s)

gp2.jpg

NorQue

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm curious what S2 does in that Game Partner. S3 changes Error and Status messages to English, S4 translates everything on the bottom to what looks like Japanese. I get the Professor SF II header in Japanese and English. But S2 seems to do absolutely nothing for me, I've experimented quite a bit yesterday.
Bishop702

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorQue, if I remember correctly that the S2 changes the Japanese to a Chinese dialect. Still trying to figure out who you were back then, you got me pegged. haha.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys peaked my curiosity so I had a look at the GDSF 7.11 bios

the Chinese character table is at &DA00
the Japanese character table is at &EA00

Both Professor SF2 and Game Doctor SF logos are present

If none of these switches let you display the Professor SF2 logo, it probably means you need a combination, 4 switches means 16 combinations if anyone fancy some experimentation.

It also means the Game Partner 2 bios is a modified GDSF 7.11 I'll have to dump at some point.
Bishop702

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mystic_Merlin, this week some time I'll be pull out my Game Professor SF6 and Game Professor SF7 and see how the jumpers in them are setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: