ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CD7 Clone: Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM Drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: CD7 Clone: Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM Drive Reply with quote

http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=14038

Last edited by Jagasian on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: SF7 Clone: Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM Drive Reply with quote

brand new ex. quality cd7 interface circuit boards with bung printed on them have been available from hong kong resellers for ages so why would anyone want to go through a redesign process when originals/clones of original are already available if you make the effort to source them !!!!!!!......john
madman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just share the PCB design so others can make their own?

To bigjohn: evidently they aren't that easy to find, or we wouldn't have people (including myself) making their own. If you can provide me with a link to an online shop selling them, that'd be great.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let me know where to buy original Bung CD7 circuit boards.
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject: SF7 Clone: Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM Drive Reply with quote

to answer your questions madman......
they dont share their pcb designs for free....they sell boards to make money.....you would have to get one and clone it....

hong kong resellers in general dont always work from shops like tomy does......
once you find one who deals in items you want you will probebly find they dont just deal with westerners off the cuff......you have to build a trusting relationship over time with them or they wont deal with you.....this includes keeping their anonimity to all and sundry......
Rolling Eyes
true !!!! contacts are not easy to establish but you can find things if you keep looking...... Smile
Jagasian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like it is more easy and fun to make a clone.
madman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjohn...I meant Jagasian sharing his PCB design. I'm building my own on perfboard, so I don't really care to waste time searching for online vendors. It'd just be nice to see someone sharing a design so we can make our own PCBs.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
To bigjohn: evidently they aren't that easy to find, or we wouldn't have people (including myself) making their own. If you can provide me with a link to an online shop selling them, that'd be great.

CD7's are easy to find, just not online. Everyone seems to equate “finding something easily” as “finding something online easily.” The fact of the matter is, most Chinese don’t have the time nor interest to attempt to sell older electronics online simply to fill a market for which only a handful of people care about. It also doesn’t help when the items we talk about are around 10 years “too late” in terms of the popularity in Asia.

Of course, Tototek is the BIG exception. I mean, if your crazy enough to produce and sell a "Pro Fighter" parallel card... Razz Just wondering, but how many have sold to date? I suspect I could probably tell you off the top of my head who got one here, because the market demand online for one is REALLY that small! Smile

But anyway, back to the subject... Provided your willing to do some legwork in person, or know someone of whom you do have a good relation with (who is willing to do it for you), you can find pretty much anything you need without a problem, as BigJohn already said.
madman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great, but I no longer know anyone in Hong Kong and flying there to find a copier isn't exactly my idea of time well spent. And I can't really walk down to the local electronics shop where I live in the US and find a CD7. So, to me they are not easy to find.
NorQue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenton_net wrote:
Just wondering, but how many have sold to date? I suspect I could probably tell you off the top of my head who got one here [...]

Well, I bought one. Bet you didn't have me on your list Wink .

-- NorQue
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed!
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: SF7 Clone: Game Doctor SF7 CD-ROM Drive Reply with quote

i wonder how many have an original ccl pf parallel port card in working condition ?.......i do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....john Wink
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I suppose thats 1 more person who wouldn't buy the product Smile But then again, collectors are a funny breed.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

I finally got around to building my first CD7 clone, but there are some problems with getting a properly formatted disk See the details here:
http://nesdev.parodius.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1640
geppettoz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

what is the difference between model cr-562-j and cr-563-b?
because i want to buy one of this 2 model for cd7
(or any mke drive work on cd7? if yes can we make a list of working cd-rom...)

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: