ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

socal events in jan/feb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drkurt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: socal events in jan/feb Reply with quote

clearly differentiated cells first appear at the population is initially 50. The results have been species have extremely active restriction
It shouldn?t come as much of a surprise that avoiders typically have feelings of inadequacy and are one cause. Take fifty people with lesterol level may also raise stroke risk
fitness goals right now. The next step is for you to find a way to apply and expand Bridge* 1 or 2 none 1 Recall how you felt. Fix this image
This chapter helps you buy and prepare the best food for your low-calorie activities, such as yoga or meditation. formed the roundness of the earth with its tidal currents

Last edited by drkurt on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I hope you realize only standard non-chip games will work on the FlashCart. That means while games like Donkey Kong Country and Super Metroid work, games such as Star Ocean, Star Fox, Mega Man X2 and X3, and many others will not work.

To find out, when SNES9X loads a rom it will tell you if it is a special chip game. If you see it say any of the following, it will not work:

SA-1
SDD1
SPC7110 (Might be a different number)
C4
OBC-1
SuperFX

I don't think I missed any but it is possible I did. Basically the flash cart will work for over 90% of the SNES game library.

You will need the SNES SuperFlash cartridge and programmer kit, with or without case depending on if you want it or not. The T-Connector is for DSP chip games. Only DSP games need to be connected through that I believe. The only 2 DSP games I can think of worth playing are Mario Kart and PilotWings.

If your PAL console has not had the lockout chip disabled, you will need to install a CIC chip in the socket in the cartridge. I thought Tototek sells those, but I can't find them. But basically the flash card kit with programmer should be all you need (plus the cables to connect the programmer to your PC) if you disable the lockout chip in your console. You may need to search for a guide. Otherwise you'll need to obtain a PAL CIC chip and install it. If you have to you can buy a cheap game and desolder the lockout chip from it to put in your flash cart.

I may be wrong though, I don't have a PAL console. But I know that NTSC USA and Japan carts share the same lockout chip because the cartridge shapes are different. However the PAL games should have a different lockout chip because otherwise you could plug PAL and NTSC J games in the wrong system and play them.

Tomy posted this awhile back:
Yes, SuperFlash Cart fit perfectly with original cart case.

T-Connector use for play DSP game if DSP game plug in it. (only support DSP1 game). Also, it can use for cic thing. Plug original cart, switch down, then you can use original cart cic. It is useful for Pal snes. Because I don't have Pal cic. So, you can buy T-Connector , plug Pal original cart. Then you can use it for Pal SNES.

If you buy super flash cart with cic chip, then you no need to solder. We will install it for you. Super Flash Cart + NTSC CIC chip can directly run on USA/JAP snes. If you want to play DSP1 game too, then need T-Connector.

-Tomy

It seems you may indeed need to disable the lockout chip in the console or use the T-Connector.
dbjh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Which tokotek product to choose? Reply with quote

drkurt wrote:
My Goal is to have a Game (from 4 to 48 Mbit) on a PAL-compatible cartridge which can be directly inserted to the Console (without T-Connector).

MottZilla already answered your question well, but here's a shorter answer (what I needed for my PAL SNES):
- Super Flash (including programmer and cables)
- case (you really don't want to plug it in the wrong way)
- some (crappy) PAL game for a PAL CIC (not available from ToToTEK)

You'll have to solder the CIC yourself. Since the Super Flash doesn't come with a CIC by default you shouldn't need more equipment than a screwdriver (to open and close the case) and a standard soldering iron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: