ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Datel CDX-PRO PLUS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
segasonicfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Datel CDX-PRO PLUS Reply with quote

This is the old Sega CD/Mega CD import cart made by Datel.
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1980

I have the version 1.8 (black box) which I found online but not version 2 (red box). Version 2 is the one that will work with my CDX that has the updated bios. Anyway seen a dump of this anywhere? I would love to play my imports on CDX and apparently the MD-PRO can load this up!
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loading the ROM may not be enough. There may be special hardware in the cartridge that helps get the job done. The MegaCart is similar and I believe works with the CDX and is available today.
segasonicfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, not sure if loading the rom is enough or not...but I suspect so because it did recognize my CD system bios was simply not compatible (rather than saying the CD system is not plugged in like it does with emulators). So that means it is checking the system and the bios, and since it loads, it bypasses the main Genesis/Sega CD bios screen. So I think there is a good chance it would work.

Worst case if I get a dump maybe I could swap the roms in my Pro CDX cart that is the older version(?)

I've seen the MegaCart which is nice, but I cannot afford it right now. Plus it would be silly to buy when I have an MD-Pro already.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is just software or if the old Pro CDX cart has the same hardware you could definitely just swap the ROM chip with an EPROM of the newer version. I do not know if the newer version is dumped as I don't have it and I have a fairly big set. I only have that version 1.8 ROM.
Azathoth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that depending on your hardware/software combination the CDX cart may have very poor compatibility, regardless of what version of it you are running.
segasonicfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the compatibility is pretty good for the later release from what I've read and there aren't many games I'm looking to play anyway...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: