ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions reguarding Genesis clones etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with the 64M cart myself. The 32M might be cheaper, but the extra space is handy for when you want multiple games.
Mezmorizingmage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It came in today!
I am amazed at how fast it came, being from China and all...

I tested it, and the preloaded games work.
I couldn't flash it yet, 'cause stupid me forgot to order the DB25 male/male converter (or a different cable).

The very first game I tested was Street Fighter 2.
When I booted it, a red Warning Screen came up sayin' Developed for use only with NTSC Genesis systems.

It kinda made me worry, since I'm indeed in a NTSC region.
I was thinkin' the clone was hard-coded PAL, but displayed NTSC or something crazy like that.

Come to find out, there is a little switch on the back of the console that I believe says O/J instead of NTSC/PAL, but it did the trick. The system apparently always outputs NTSC, but the switch is just for the games.
I had seen that switch before, and tired different positions and games and such, but couldn't figure out what it did until that.

But all in all, everything's great so far. I like my clone even more now, after playin' a game I used to own, and seeing how good it looks with s-video. Not to mention the NTSC/PAL switch and stuff also.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That region switch sounds handy. After you are able to program the cart, it won't matter as much since you can patch roms for the region, but it's nice to have for normal carts.
jenniferlane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to point out that region switches aren't necessary. Read any forum where euro users talk about their genesis experiences. All genesis/mega drive games are programmed for NTSC 60hz FIRST. Euro games aren't converted at all, they simply display in letterboxes and slow down to 50fps instead of 60. So you can safely load euro roms to your flash cart they will actually play just fine on NTSC setups. It's all done in the genesis itself, rather than actually programming the games to properly fit the PAL scenario.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not true. Alien Soldier atleast has the music tempo/speed adjusted for PAL. Not sure about gameplay timing.
jenniferlane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yea, there probably ARE exceptions, but what I said is the vast majority of games. Just ask anybody from the UK about playing sonic the hedgehog slow and in a box, or just youtube it. I also confirmed this when I was able to get Darxide running on my ntsc setup, and it plays perfectly.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I do have to agree that MOST games will work on either NTSC or PAL, and many don't bother to tailor the game for PAL systems. That always irritates European players. It's one thing to leave the game as 224 tall instead of going to the PAL height of 240, but it's another altogether to not adjust the speed for the difference between 60 and 50 Hz, especially the music! That's just absurd. Laughing

These games generally tend to be marked as "World" rather than US or European.
Mezmorizingmage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I successfully flashed the cart!

Much to my surprise, that old laptop wouldn't detect the cart.
It's the only device that'll flash some of my other things, but it don't have the EPP setting needed.

I figured I would try it on my desktop, which I didn't expect a different result. But I'm happily playing a Genesis, on a TV now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: