ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will pay $100 USD for a UFO Super Drive Pro 8 with BIOS 8.8c
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
I've used a few copiers, maybe not as many as some other people here. The menu doesn't matter. The Double Pro Fighter menu for Genesis is very primative and the control is finicky. Did it ruin it or take anything away? No. The Game Doctor SF series which I've used for a very long time has a very basic straight to the point Menu. No fancy music and pretty pictures. But it gets the job done, and the GDSF7 plays every single game that any copier device will play and does so without issue. Furthermore it is fairly available and cheap and also quite reliable. The only complaint I usually hear about the GDSF7 is it uses its own ROM format. Other than that most people that try it love it as far as copiers go.

If you want a Copier people really did use back in the day, I recommend the GDSF7. Bung made tons of GDSF copiers. They are excellent units and still work great today. You can even upgrade them up to 128 megabits today which is more than any other copier.

For SNES, I preferred a SWC DX2 - nothing beats (well except for lack of larger than 64mb) a Disk Dual with CD-ROM and HDD. You wanna talk about menus, the SuperTools was all button combinations, and was chinese only.
amptor

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure plenty of people used the Professor SFII and GDSF7 which was the Chinese model back in those days but you won't find many roms dumped after 1993 that were in that format. I think it was just ROM with no header so it wasn't really a format, it was just the ROM itself.

GDSF7 menu is kinda meh. I owned two of them from Tototek and sold them both. I didn't like that backup unit for the GUI and also that the ROM storing was flakey at best. It couldn't keep a ROM in memory over night without corrupting half of it (well if 32M anyhow, I was buying 64M units)

UFO Pro 8 menu looks fine to me from what I have seen. Not that I ever knew anyone in the scene that even owned one of these.

And what about the Gamars? why don't we see those being sold on tototek? Cowering has one and he swears by it.

The SWC DX2 wasn't really a scener backup unit either and had less menu options than a SWC DX. I believe some sceners moved into using the SWC DX but the DX2 was not fully endorsed by Anthrox and hence had a smaller adoption rate. TWK thought I would be better off putting the guts of my SWC DX inside the DX2 case for look because he felt that I would be disappointed with the new GUI and evidentally he was correct. SWC DX had a nicer looking menu system. But the DX2 could support cdrom and I think zip drive.

Which is the best copier right now though? Probably the RetroUSB kit. All these older backup units are going to just stop working in time especially because originally most of them were made out of low grade solid state parts.

Super Wildcard menu looked bad? Well I guess so but that didn't keep sceners from using it up until the SWC DX was released at least. I think you could upgrade some of those to 32M so people were probably still using them.

I have no experience with using an actual Double Pro Fighter but I've seen the menus and yeah the genesis menu looks really plain. People in the scene said that the Genesis was an inferior system and was not worth dealing with. I still remember asking about new Genesis releases in #snes on efnet and getting banned just for mentioning the console.

But later on I realize that it was just some elitist stuff or whatever, has no basis on reality. The Sega Genesis had some good games without a doubt.

MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd mention while the DPF Genesis menu was nothing special, the SNES Menu had some effects going on including a spinning Mode 7 Logo as I recall. But I think the real reason for it was that as I've heard the Genesis DPF program is actually a Sega Master System program so it didn't have much to work with compared to the SNES DPF program.

The PowerPAK is definitely the best for SNES right now and possibly forever unless someone creates something new with chip support like Super FX, SA-1, Cx4, etc.

I wish that the Sega Genesis would get a PowerPAK equal. The Neo Myth MD is nice but expensive.
xiaNaix

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UFO Super Drive Pro 8 with BIOS 8.8c I bought off Tomy's friend about a month ago works great. The menus are awesome. Laughing
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xiaNaix wrote:
The UFO Super Drive Pro 8 with BIOS 8.8c I bought off Tomy's friend about a month ago works great. The menus are awesome. Laughing

Could you resell it to me? And is Tomy from Tototek related in any way to the owner of GamedoctorHK?
xiaNaix

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would I want to sell the last UFO Super Drive Pro 8 with BIOS 8.8c on the face of the Earth? Laughing
TheShadowRunner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XiaNaix you're freaking pathetic. What are you answering in this thread for; teasing the poor guy?
Makes you feel good?
I must be missing something..
xiaNaix

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheShadowRunner wrote:
XiaNaix you're freaking pathetic. What are you answering in this thread for; teasing the poor guy?
Makes you feel good?
I must be missing something..

Yeah, you're missing something. You can start with this...

http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2736

Or search his posts here and see that he's been making similar posts for a year now asking the same questions over and over again about various copiers, arguing with knowledgeable long-time users and still apparently hasn't purchased anything.

Or Google the guy's nick and see that he's a troll who's been banned from numerous gaming forums for, coincidentally, the same sort of behavior.

What's pathetic is that Tomy hasn't banned him yet.
amptor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur. Do a google search, I just did for my first time. However I understand why he trolls. He is housebound. So nothing else to do with his time.
TheShadowRunner

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh... it kinda makes more sense.. indeed Cool
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
Weren't the UFO people not better known until N64 with the CD64? Didn't they make the CD64?

Yes they did.
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xiaNaix wrote:

I'm glad you could get one. Maybe you could help me figure something out. Could you please explain how to take screen shots with this? I know it has a screenshot viewer (I just bought one, from gamedoctorhk.com, FINALLY had a couple back in stock), but can't figure out how to make it TAKE screen shots (what good is a viewer if you can't even take pictures to be viewed). I have to use hyper-mode for realtime save and then L+start to save and R+start to load. That works fine, but I can't figure out how to make it take actual screen shots to show my friends images of my high-score tables in games. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Videogamer555

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xiaNaix wrote:

Or search his posts here and see that he's been making similar posts for a year now asking the same questions over and over again about various copiers, arguing with knowledgeable long-time users and still apparently hasn't purchased anything.

You know what. Now I've purchased something. When the UFO Super Drive Pro 8 with BIOS 8.8c was FINALLY back in stock at gamedoctorhk.com I bought it. I'll send pictures later after I've had the chance to take a few (proof I actually own one). Then maybe I'll get the respect I deserve, as a fellow member of the small clique of people who are linked together by the one thing they share, the fact that they are people who actually own a game copier.
MrEx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one I'm selling. Not sure of the bios version. Going to check now. There will be a post in this forum soon with details.
amptor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow ok then. random useless spam. where's the moderator Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: