ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About joypad and keyboard converter product by ToToTEK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: About joypad and keyboard converter product by ToToTEK Reply with quote

Any problem on converter things, post here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GC KeyBoard Converter doesnt detect some keys (like B N M H J). I tried it with different keyboards, but all have the same problem. Can ypu help me please?
temujin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the Megadrive converter and it doesn't work with the Tototek Megadrive flashcart. I have multiple games on the flashcart and none of the buttons seem to work with the converter. I can't scroll down or select any games.

Now, when I use it with regular Megadrive carts, everything works fine.

Can you help me?
sailrad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Problem with 2in1 keyboard converter Reply with quote

When this is plugged in it causes random letters and numbers to automatically be sent to the GC even if the keyboard is not plugged. This does not change if the keyboard is plugged in. The GC never seems to see the keyboard using the adapter. The switch is set right. The num lock and caps key lights work.
Dr.Wily

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we hope a restock of joypad converters soon ?

@+
Dr.Wily

Genesis Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, honestly the only problem is that we can't give you our money. PS2 -> Saturn pad please! Razz
Dr.Wily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too ! PS2 --> Neogeo please (x4)

@+
Dr.Wily

schmake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Tomy, I'd grab at least 2 of the PS2 --> Neogeo adapters Very Happy
Cytor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSX-MD converter: can't access joystick configuration screen in Mortal Kombat 3 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, because START button is bad mapped as RUN button (already used by Y (/R1) button)

Last edited by Cytor on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cytor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PSX-MD converter:

Street Fighter StII'Turbo (beta ver.) Y(R1) and Z(R2) buttons
are not working
tripletopper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: The final souliton to all remapping requests: PS2-> Alt P Reply with quote

Simple, if you had ONE controller to play every game from the Sega Master system to the Xbox One and PS4, it would probably be a PS2 stick. With Tototek adapters, they go back to the Saturn, Neo Geo, 3DO (If you'd fix the daisy chain problem), SNES, Genesis and Turbo Grafx 16. With Brooks adapters, they can go for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. Edladdin makes one for the Genesis to 7800 which should be chainable to the PS2. Other companies make ones for Wii Classic, Wii U classic, Game Cube, Dreamcast, and original Xbox. Raphnet make GC-> N64 and SNES to NES adapters which should be chainable. Even the Nintendo Game Cube Port adapter for Wii U will work in the Switch if you have a Game Cube controller, which I KNOW are chainable.

It's safe to say most of these people on this website have a PS2 controller.

Also I notice lots of people (including me) ask for particular arrangements, like me and a fight stick arrangement. But it's not a universal situation. There are some situations where the defaults work good. Just not as many as you think.

But there are WAY too many requests for way too many different system mappings which make it crazy for Tototek.

Since most of these requests are in conjunction with a PS2 because they are using PS2 to something adapters, then maybe there needs to be a PS2->PS2 adapter for the express purpose of remapping buttons.

The technology already exists in Interact Shadow Blade, but the analog button is kind of iffy for newer systems.

And I would use a Interact Shadowblade PCB except for 2 reasons. One is the flakiness with the remap and analog button being the same, and the other is that it's a CHEAT device. Ideally each button should be independent and remappable to one function a piece. Extra buttons should just be blank for a tournament/world record edition adapter. No Macros, no rapid fire.

Except for the fact that the analog button doesn't work on newer consoles, and it's considered a cheat stick by those in the know, the programming interface is simple, press program, then old button, then a new button. That way you can even remap directions for 180 degree righthanding, and can have fire buttons for directions on Colecovision/2600 Smurf, or vice versa for Track N Field. You can even invert a flight stick's y axis for Zaxxon independently.

One thing it's going to need is a light for "no repeat" where it's one button equals one function. Another thing it's going to need is a toggleable Simultaneous Opposite Cardinal Direction Scrubbers. (you DO want it in fight games or else you're cheating. You DON'T want it in Track N Field, or else you're at a disadvantage) That needs to be lit too, so that no matter what button you define as the directions, if it's possible to press 2 opposite cardinal directions at once, the chip would do what a normal SOCD scrubber does and do it, if that feature's on.

Since a lot of your customers need a whole bunch of different mappings, do it once, save you time, make you money, save us money from having custom orders run up the bill on over 10 adapters.

By the way, Mayflash has a product like that, except 2 problems. One, a couple buttons can't be remapped (I think it's X and O). and 2 it has cheat abilities.

This will open your products to the fighting game community who can save a lot of money and backpack space by having one controller and a bunch of little adapters for any need. Especially you would be a World Record chaser's and competitive gamer's friend with a NO CHEAT mode that's either always on or is toggleable and shown with a light, meaning light on=no cheat mode.

It should have some user definable memory slots of frequently used mappings for various consoles. Raphnet has memory built into their adapters. With this, you don't have to build it in the individual PS2-> other system adapter. It would be in PS2->Alt PS2 adapter, so it can be chained to all adapters.

Also you map the analog stick to the digital pad. Can the reverse be true, cross pad to analog control in a digital manner, for Wii Metal Slug Anthology and Atari 5200 which is natively analog?

After I finish this, I will copy, and post on TOtotek.com Forums,

Finally, I'd like to see Atari 5200, Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex, and Astrocade adapters. They may or may not be better if it goes from Genesis to those systems and a Ps2-> Genesis adapter can be chained. Also No US NES controller port?
wimpie

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:18 pm    Post subject: PS2 --> Megadrive adapter giving issues Reply with quote

hello,

sometime ago I bought a PS2 to megadrive adapter. It works with about 60% of the games I have. In the remaining 40%, the controller does not work properly. Like it moves at all kinds of random directions, very fast.

Some notable games that don't work:
- contra Hardcorps
- Gunstar heroes
- Thunderforce 3

I am using an Everdrive X7 by the way.

Is this normal? If helpful, I can produce a more elaborate list of non-working games.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: