ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super UFO Pro 8 SD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Native SD support is much better than emulating multiple floppy disk images. And the compact form factor is a big improvement.
amptor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have a SD card reader for SWC DX than the floppy based UFO 8 but I'm guessing that guy posting earlier purchased an SD to floppy converter from somewhere which might even be expensive and not worth it. It would be cool to get more use from the older copiers but for now I'm done with the floppy ones. I have my swc dx boxed after I modded it with a diode and CR2025 battery for sram.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. My GDSF7s and Double Pro Fighter are just in storage for now. The PowerPAK and EverDrive have made them very obsolete.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 2gb CF card in my SWC Dx2/disk dual. floppies and rven CD's can be a pain. It seems today that floppy based copiers are for serious collectors, while flash carts are for those that want something more modern. Now if only Gameboy/GBC had an updated flash cart that took microSD. 64mb is just too small...
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:
I had a 2gb CF card in my SWC Dx2/disk dual. floppies and rven CD's can be a pain. It seems today that floppy based copiers are for serious collectors, while flash carts are for those that want something more modern. Now if only Gameboy/GBC had an updated flash cart that took microSD. 64mb is just too small...

Not sure that 64 megabits is too small, but proper Master Bank Register protection or proper MBC simulation would be nicer. That way problem games would not have to be patched.
gogo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually i have two super ufo pro 8 , one in mint condition , perfectly working (even on pal snes) , boxed with manual
and one totally dead due to an alternative power supply , you can forget the 7805 .... when i say dead it's
impossible to fix it because most of the chips on the main board have burned , even the bios and ram chips and of course the most important : the altera plc ! so there's no chance that it come back to life one day.

In fact i never seen so much damage on a copier! i could only fix the ram board : i took edo ram chips from an old pc (work perfectly now ,it'll be for spare parts).

So what can i do with that dead ufo ? an ashtray ? a money box ? Laughing

An idea that came to me yesterday Idea :
Remove the pcb and the floppy drive , build a new main board with snes connectors , an sd card and usb plug extensions in place of the
floppy drive bay and put inside a new ufo pro8 sd version ( of course the goal is to not open or modify the ufo sd card).

So i will get the new ufo in a cased oldschool version !

I grant you that's just for fun , What do you think of that idea? you may be finding me crazy Laughing .....

MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do that and have success please post pictures. It would be interesting to see.
amptor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really a UFO copier fan by any means (yeah I think this SD one is good though) but if it makes you happy to mod, that is all that matters. That is why some of us mod stuff. I know people who would say I'm wasting my time if I share with them so I don't tell them. I let them waste time sitting behind a PC playing video games while I do something that takes a little effort and creativity.

So by all means, go ahead. I personally would like a SWC DX with built in SD card and though that might or might not be possible, I just haven't put any energy toward it so my SWC DX sits in a box. Just take that as an example, if you don't do anything with it then it will just sit.

Personally if I had a burnt out copier that I really liked a lot, I would try to contact tomy or his friend and see if they have some parts they could sell me individually so I could put the thing back together myself Smile

gogo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're totally right amptor Very Happy
but honestly , i'm also not a very big fan of UFO copiers Laughing , i use most of time my GDSF7 .This ufo sd card is just for me the occasion to do something original .
About the swc dx i don't know much about these copiers , but someone has done the job on a swc dx 2 and it seems pretty cool
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4272/p1010386rj.jpg

Currently , for my project i'm looking for 2 snes slot , but tototek doesn't seem to have them...

xiaNaix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting product for sure but I think I'll save my money for SD2SNES. Wink
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo wrote:
You're totally right amptor Very Happy
but honestly , i'm also not a very big fan of UFO copiers Laughing , i use most of time my GDSF7 .This ufo sd card is just for me the occasion to do something original .
About the swc dx i don't know much about these copiers , but someone has done the job on a swc dx 2 and it seems pretty cool
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4272/p1010386rj.jpg

Currently , for my project i'm looking for 2 snes slot , but tototek doesn't seem to have them...

I really like that swc dx2 mod with CF card slot in place of the floppy! Are the guts if the disk dual inside the swc dx2's case?
gogo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:
I really like that swc dx2 mod with CF card slot in place of the floppy! Are the guts if the disk dual inside the swc dx2's case?

yes , absolutely , but i realize that the dx2 via disk dual should "read only" the cf , so there's a little problem for saving sram on a support Confused

MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DiskDual can support a HDD, it can't write SRAM to it? I know it wouldn't if you used a CDROM.
gogo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
The DiskDual can support a HDD, it can't write SRAM to it? I know it wouldn't if you used a CDROM.

This is a supposition, but I'm not sure... Confused

amptor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't they just build a snes on a chip with flash cart built in? seems like we have a lot of snes on a chip clones already. though, I don't buy them. there's nothing like the real deck and it won't ever be replaced. I would be more impressed if the clones used a real actual hardware copy than the on chip stuff.

Remember the last snes unit from bung. It had a CDROM built in, controller ports, snes clone inside or such. Those are pretty overpriced these days with collectors and makes me wish I bought a crate of them from a site selling them many years ago to hawk on here Razz I didn't think it was worth it then and now for 500 bucks, no way especially considering Bung's tacky build style and lack of QC on larger products.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: