ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

problem with 32M MGD2 DRAM card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
system64

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: problem with 32M MGD2 DRAM card Reply with quote

I bought a 32M DRAM card for my Multi Game Doctor 2 some time ago. I have DRAM adapters for the Super Famicom and Mega Drive. Unfortunately I have some problems with the 32M card.

When I use it with the MD adapter I have the following problems:
- games over 16M crash, show glitches or won't even start
- when I load several games into the slots, the games get corrupt when I switch to a different game.

On the SFC adapter I don't had any problems with the 32M card. I can load an play several games without any problems. I use Ucon to convert the games. The games work fine on an emulator.

I have a Mega Drive 1 PAL with 50/60Hz switch, region lockout switch and a selfmade rgb cable. My Super NES is also a PAL model with the necessary switches.

I already cleaned the connectors on the MD adapter. I also have a 2nd MD adapter which shows the same problems when used with the 32M card.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I would be pleased about help.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD adapter need to modify to support over 16M games. So, your MD adapter is good because it can run 1-16M without problem.
system64

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy wrote:
MD adapter need to modify to support over 16M games. So, your MD adapter is good because it can run 1-16M without problem.

Thanks for your reply. How can I modify the MD adapter?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

system64 wrote:
Tomy wrote:

I noticed mine has a 24mb/32mb switch. I am gonna crack it open and post pics of the PCB (if I can). I'll be interested to see how yours needs to be modded to take 32mb cards because I tried 24mb and 32mb games with mine and they work fine.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eastbayarb wrote:
system64 wrote:
Tomy wrote:

I noticed mine has a 24mb/32mb switch. I am gonna crack it open and post pics of the PCB (if I can). I'll be interested to see how yours needs to be modded to take 32mb cards because I tried 24mb and 32mb games with mine and they work fine.

I would be really interested in that one too! I remember there are only a couple of screws on the back of the interface.
I wonder if there's ever been a HiRom mod for the SFC interface.
rocco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy wrote:

Tomy can you please let us know how to modify that adapter to get >16M Games running? Thanks.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rocco :

Yes, it is no problem. I have one here. I need to open it and take picture first. It has a switch that select 1-16M and 17-32M game. But if game over 16M, I'm not sure if rpg game still can save or not. In my view, I think it can't. (not confirm yet)

Please wait a bit, I'll send picture very soon.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saving is probable if the /TIME signal is connected to the ASIC. The first 24M RPGs came out in 1993, so it was maybe too late.
system64

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about saving. I just want test 24M / 32M games.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no time yet. But I found my modded MD Dram I/O now. It has two switch. One is 1-16M/17-32M mode switch. Another no idea yet. I write it on the I/O say it is special mode/normal mode long time ago. Forgot it now. Will check it out next week.
system64

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy wrote:
Still no time yet. But I found my modded MD Dram I/O now. It has two switch. One is 1-16M/17-32M mode switch. Another no idea yet. I write it on the I/O say it is special mode/normal mode long time ago. Forgot it now. Will check it out next week.

Hi Tomy,
do you have any news about the 32M DRAM I/O for the MD?
philjay

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take this post back from the dead... I would like to know how modify to support 16/32 mbit roms on Megadrive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: