ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unkown Game Doctor SF6 Bios rom Revision

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishop702

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 2:23 am    Post subject: Unkown Game Doctor SF6 Bios rom Revision Reply with quote

Hello all, I have a very Weird but amazing GDFS6 Bios revision that none of my other 2 GDSF6 do not have. This Bios revision allows me to play almost all DSP games with the Ballz Dsp cartridge plugged in, including Super Mario cart with the occasional glitches on that game. Most of these games will not play at all on the other systems unless a DSP ADAPTER is used.
So here is the back story. During Covid I was bored so I picked up a bunch of Copiers to play around with and fix. I bought 2 Game Doctor SF6s, Game Professor SF6, 2 Game Doctors SF7, 1 Game Professor SF7 boxed, Super Pro Fight DSP, Super Pro Fighter X, Super Pro Fighter x2 3 in 1, and 1 Double Pro Fighter Boxed..also a UfO pro 6 and and SWC clone. So I was able to explore what these systems can do and what memory modules were Compatible with each other...I had to much time on my hands.

In my testing with the Game Doctors I found Only 1 that seemed to run almost every game with the Ballz DSP cart in the slot. This was one of the GDSF6 copiers. The Ballz Cart has NO save memory in the cart, and that is important for conflicts, the only issue I found out is the BALLZ cart has a newer slim lined DSP which I think causes the graphic glitch when playing Super Mario Kart, so I need to try it with a DSP game that has no save ram and the original dsp. After a bit of checking and using the SF6 system check, I found that this GDSF6 had a different Bios revision.
My other GDSF6 and the Game Professor SF6 had a Bios 6.21 with the
Rom revision 4B0A in the system check menu...
But the other GDSF6 has a Bios 6.21 with a rom revision 4B0B...this one is much more compatible to DSP games and a Non save ram dsp cart and I have never been able to find another with this revision. I want to share this rom with the community but
I don't know how to dump the rom. If anyone can help me with this I will share it immediately with all of you. This may be very helpfull to others and very interesting to all you guys that can do coding with the Bios.
So any help os appreciated..

Thanks to all the great guys on here from all over the scene and all your hard work over the years...

This might be an unreleased Beta Bios..?
Also just tested it and all games that don't use internal Sram work perfectly with Super Mario Kart
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bishop702, interesting information, thanks for sharing.

I don't have a SF6 or a Blue adapter to corroborate your findings, although ironically a friend from HK should bring some to me this month, but I'll give you 2 leads to dump this BIOS:

Hardware: you probably need to unsolder then dump the BIOS with an eprom programmer
Software: you can use a memory explorer or more specifically Neviksti memory exploit and copy the BIOS region, although I'm not sure if it works on the SF6.

I also wondered at some point why a regular DSP cart on top wouldn't work the same way the Blue adapter does but I didn't dig deeper.

Here I attached a pic of a DSP adapter most commonly found with Pro Fighter type of copiers and a doc explaining you how to modify a MK cart to achieve the same. Many copiers also have this mod with VDD/GND lifted, maybe to avoid conflict with regular games.

IMG_1262.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.9 KB
 Viewed:  3120 Time(s)

IMG_1262.JPG

Pro_Fighter_DSP_Cart_Tutorial_DOX_SNES-iND.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Pro_Fighter_DSP_Cart_Tutorial_DOX_SNES-iND.zip
 Filesize:  10.61 KB
 Downloaded:  127 Time(s)

SF7_Exploit.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SF7_Exploit.zip
 Filesize:  126.94 KB
 Downloaded:  115 Time(s)

Bishop702

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Mystic_Merlin, I have been looking for that Super Mario Kart Mod for a while and also the Sf7 bios dumper.. I will be trying to dump it this week after work some time and try to post it by this weekend.
I have the DSP adapter and will try to get an image here of it once I dig it out.
When I have used the DSP CART adapter I simply plug it into the cart slot on top of my SF6 and SF7 copiers, so I it's easy to remove and never had a problem. Just have to reset the game once after booting and all works well.

Thanks again for your all your help and knowledge.
Bishop702

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:14 am    Post subject: Bios files from the Sf7 exploit and one from sram2bios Reply with quote

I used the SF7 exploit to make 2 files, one from the standard SF6 BIOS
and one from the newer or beta bios. I also used the sram2bios file that was posted hear a while ago, the 1st file in the package was used.

The read.txt explains which is which, hope it worked as I don't know how to check it. [/code]

SF6Bios.rar
 Description:
SF6 BIOS dumps. Read.txt explains which BIOS file is which

Download
 Filename:  SF6Bios.rar
 Filesize:  12.48 KB
 Downloaded:  110 Time(s)

Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Bios files from the Sf7 exploit and one from sram2bios Reply with quote

Bishop702 wrote:
I used the SF7 exploit to make 2 files, one from the standard SF6 BIOS
and one from the newer or beta bios. I also used the sram2bios file that was posted hear a while ago, the 1st file in the package was used.

The read.txt explains which is which, hope it worked as I don't know how to check it. [/code]

Thanks for that, unfortunately none of these files are a proper dump. No worries, I'll check my units see if we can get lucky.
Bishop702

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mystic_Merlin for letting me know about the bad dumps. I'll see if I get the hardware to dump it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: