ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many times I can rewrite the SuperFlash Cart?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zarkon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: How many times I can rewrite the SuperFlash Cart? Reply with quote

Hi!

How many times I can rewrite the SuperFlash Cart memories?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the quality of the flash memory the say they can be rewritten up to 100,000 times. It seems like a high number, but you just might get there if you're changing games often. This is why I dislike Flash memory being used for frequent writing. RAM is better suited for that, and perhaps to store on cheaper Flash memory cards.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you flash your cart twice a day, then the flash chips will go bad in roughly 100 years. I don't know about you guys, but I flash my cart and only reflash it after I finish playing a game. It typically takes me more than half a day to complete a game, so my cart will last far longer than 100 years. I'll have to replace the save game battery before the flash ever goes bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: