ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which back-up device should I buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filthy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Which back-up device should I buy? Reply with quote

I'm thinking about picking up a back-up unit for my Super Famicom. I have a MGH, but it's not really the best solution...I also own a 16Mb Supercom and I've had a Super Pro Fighter X in the past. (I've got one of Tototek's MD-Pro Flash Carts for my Mega Drive too). So which back up unit is the best? My choices are: SWCDX2, Doctor SF7, SF6, SF3, or Super Flash cart. Which one is best? Which one plays the most games without needing a lot of extra stuff?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWCDX2, Doctor SF7, SF6, SF3 can all play the same games, just as well. There may be a few games that the SWCdx2 will have problems with though. All Game Doctors require the special DSP adapter to play DSP games while the DX2 can use a regular DSP games strapped on. The SWCdx2 has the most other features which might not be a deciding factor for you. the DX2 is by far the priciest, yet is only available in 64M (enough to play every game.) Game Doctor SF6s can be expanded to 64M (maybe even 96M) as well for $250 less. Game Doctor SF7s are expandable to 128M! The best feature about Game Doctors is that they retain your games when you shut down. With the SWC and all older copiers (as you should know) you have to load games every time. In terms of buying things, I'd go for a 128M GDSF7 w/ DSP adapter. You should choose which features are most important to you.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Game Doctors, what about games using other chips than DSP? Forinstance SA-1, SuperFX1/2, SDD1, OBC1, and so forth?
Suppafly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´d recommend the super flash cart!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No unit can play special games other than DSP-1
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* Ancient post. I never had a backup device back then anyway. It's also not so obvious when DSP games can function yet not others like SuperFX.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cough* you're replying to a phpBB2 spider Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: