ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SEGA ZIP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
super_nad2002

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: SEGA ZIP Reply with quote

alright this is a really good idea for any of the flash carts not just sega but i love sega the most
make a printer port kit to soder to the flash carts so you can plug in a zip drive to it and make like a program to flash to the 32mb cart that let you load of the zipdisk that would give every body an extra 100mb or 250mb to play with have a nice splash screan and have it say SEGAzip and icons and stuff i think it would be simple and you can sell it as an add on with a cd rom with flash program who ever buys it just has to get a zip drive i noe i have one
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it's simple, why not try your hand at it? ;)
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=punctuation

-Rob
super_nad2002

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so its not super simple they made a flashable cart iam sure they can do something like and if i noe how to do it would be iam not so smart Sad
super_nad2002

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh iam so sorry for my english,and not puting in periods. PLZ FORGIVE ME OH MIGHT ONE
rbudrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I repeat:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=punctuation

I only forgive he who atones for his sins. Since you still have the worst grammar, spelling, and puncuation I've ever seen since first grade, forgiveness is not granted by the MIGHT(Y) ONE.

How about trying a little harder (or at all), and maybe someone here will actually take you seriously, eh? It is extremely difficult to understand one damn thing you said without causing brain damage. People here like to hear new ideas, as you have tried to put forth, but it's impossible to take anybody seriously who writes at less than a pre-school level, and that is not an exaggeration.

-Rob
thekeen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

in all fairness, english is not everbody's first language. I would LOVE to see your French grammar Laughing

Cheers,
Stephane.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright this is a really good idea for any of the flash carts. Not just sega but i love sega the most. Make a printer port kit to soder to the flash carts so you can plug in a zip drive to it, and make like a program to flash to the 32mb cart that let you load of the zipdisk. That would give every body an extra 100mb or 250mb to play with. Put a nice splash screan and have it say SEGAzip with all the icons .I think it would be simple and you can sell it as an add on with a cd-rom with flash program. Who ever buys it just has to get a zip drive. I have one and i noe there super cheap now.

I think it can work if the right points are found on the card and a flash program is made.
super_nad2002

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats was me up there
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Rob,

in all fairness, english is not everbody's first language. I would LOVE to see your French grammar

Cheers,
Stephane.

Well, my French isn't that great, but my Spanish, Latin, Egyptian and Ancient Mayan are much better, in that order. My Japanese and Mandarin are "eh" (I'm much better at translating them than speaking or writing them). I'm much better at reading French than writing it.

And first language or not, there are certain universal norms across languages using the Roman alphabet and derivations thereof that, when ignored, make the message unintelligible.

But super_nad2002, that is honestly a lot easier to read.

-Rob
super_nad2002

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tell me is this a good idea or even possable.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel, it's been done, in a way. There were HK devices that worked as such, but I think they were for N64....not sure if Zip format was ever used for any other copiers. Kyuusaku? There was no printer port for an external Zip, as the Zip was built into the unit.

It's entirely possible, but not likely to be done, due to the whole supply vs. demand issue. If there were a huge demand for it, people would demand one, and someone would make one. However, the Zip format is considered obsolete...no one uses them anymore. In my job I sell computers all day (at the USA's third largest reseller of such equipment). I haven't had a request for a zip disk in a good 2 years. The more common solution nowadays is just to use flash memory cards, as they are so much smaller , can hold far more than a zip disk, and can be easily (relatively) outfitted right into the flash cart itself.

-Rob
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zip100 are compatible with SWCdx2.

super_nad2002 wrote:
Well tell me is this a good idea or even possable.

It's not the best idea but it is possible, it's not going to happen though. Zips use complex proprietary protocol that Tototek cannot just add to the products, even if they could, they couldn't afford to release an update. It takes a lot of time (or money to contract) for R&D, there will be little if any profit since likely about all the profit to be made has already been.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: