ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"dvd64" for the gamecube
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rippin snare

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SD max drive pro? Is this soemthing different from the Max Drive Pro orderable on codejunkies?

Excuse my ignorance but what is SD anyhow?
damien

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a new product idea topic..... so this was just a brainwave of mine....

But sd cards are memory cards that can be used in a camera's phones computer etc. and nowadays as memory card for the cube for certain games, if you have the sd adapter...
(but I'm guessing you already knew this) You can find these adapters on the net, there are official nintendo sd adapters. But according to the site I mentioned earlier, you build it yourself..... (but I'm not gonna try...)

My brainwave was to create a max drive pro with sd memory card adapter in order to have more memory to try homebrew stuff.... e.a.
(currently the Max drive pro has 8 megabyte of memory.... multiply this by 8 and you'll get 64 megabit.... wich is 1000 or so blocks... wich is a lot for save games... but not much for homebrew stuff, at least I thought so)
rippin snare

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that idea is not a bad one. I am yet to recieve my Max Drive Pro to see how it works on the two cubes I have in my home. If they work well enough I may be excited to think further into your idea or others. I am sure Tomy could come up with something for this though firstly I am hoping for an updated/upgraded SNES flash cart with dsp chip support, 128M of memory to play Star Ocean as well as the ability to save more than one game at a time.
damien

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as I know that game (and 1 other... wich I want to play... "Tales of Fantasia") is 48mbit... So if you have a copybox with 64mbit you'll have enough to play those games... for saves... there are certain save carts but I'm no expert in this territory...

I just fantasies about equipment, hoping it can be created... Cool ...and meanwhile try to study....

ps. I hope things will work with your MDP, on both cubes.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: r Reply with quote

Excuse my ignorance, but how does this little device with 8MB or memory potentially facilitate the possible playing of backup discs?

-Rob
damien

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the MDP can load executable files. GCOS 1.4 is an executable bios file (see the above link posted by me) which can start DVD-R 8cm backups. Again, this is explained in the previously posted link (See 2.2 at that site if I'm not mistaken).
DjoeN

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can do as i did -> take a normal cheap Cube memcartridge and open it, hackout a SD connector from a multicart all in on e reader and place it on the pcb of the memcart (won't go into details) connect all with wires like told on some websides and close all (if you buy some nice longer than ussual memcarts, the sd stuff can fit in it). Ad a little switch/pushbuttonswitch and off you go

I have a 1GB SD card in the modified memcard and after booting Gcos and the mini-dvd i can push the button to swtich the modified memcart, back to Cube memcart, without pluging it out and back in, the switch uses the internal reset traces to let the cube think i switched memcart.

No need to mess with your cube, unless you want to play full backup dvd-r
Also, games that use more then 1 disc will not work with the sd/gcos loader setup (RE4 is an exeption, maybe some more)

damien

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe resident evil 4 isn't the only one, I read somewhere that 2 disc games are supported as long as the game saves before continuing to the other disc. Games that don not do this aren't suported by gcos.
Anyway, you will need an action replay to do this, which I have to order. Just like the mdp... only with the mdp you can load snes9xgc (snes emu for gamecube, here I come Tales of Phantasia....) This can not be done with the sd loader program...

Or do you use another program?
rippin snare

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recieved my MDP today and it works well. Got the GCOS DOL onto the card and backed up one of my games (Skies of Arcadia Legends). Burned it onto a RITEKG04 8cm DVD-R and it works! YAY! Only problem I have is one of my gamecubes black screens here and there when playing a backup with a message stating "ar error has occured, please consult the manual for more info".

Laser tweak perhaps or a new version of GCOS?

Still new at this myself. If anyone has any info please share.
damien

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay I got my mdp (a long time ago allready, but this site was down) anyways, it works like a charm.
I also tried another memory card and it worked to as long as you copy the mdp file to the memory card. (so the SD card must also work)
The only special thing about the mdp is the GC disc, not the memory card. As long as you have that you can use any memory card you want.

There's also a new gcos it is a teaser but allready works to a certain degree. GCOS 1.5 teaser revision 2.
As could be expected this is a teaser and won't boot all games, but looks promising. (mario kart dd boots, but simpsons hit and run not)
They promised no swap booting, wich allready works to a certain point. multi disc boot, dvd-r and dvd+r and other things for gcos 1.5 teaser revision 3.
I can't wait for the acctual release of gcos 1.5
damien

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that sucked, the swap function doesn't work (only for mariokart)
But I found another wich does work and works great to Very Happy
GCOM, that is one of the best. You can also load dols from dvd (I got all the snes roms on dvd and played all day long Laughing ) But this is also a functionality that will work for homebrew creators. Excellent

Ps. rippin snare, first try to clean your laser lens with rubbing alcohol, it worked on my ps2 that had does same errors with normal dvd's (with the laser tweak you could easily destroy your cube)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: