ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Software detects a 12Mbit rom as 16Mbit and so on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishonen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Software detects a 12Mbit rom as 16Mbit and so on... Reply with quote

Just got my SuperFlash Card Kit 64Mbit with T-Connector and CIC-Chip today...

The first thing i'am wondering about is... if i add a 12Mbit Game to the Flash List, it occupies 16 Mbit (sometimes)... some 24Mbit Games are needing 32Mbit... WHY?

The second thing is: As i tried to add Fighters History 2 (SWC Header) it dosen't apper in the List. As i tried to add Gradius 3 (also SWC Header), it was added, but as i tried to flash it say's: "Wrong Filename"....

After removing the SWC Headers with SNES Tool 1.2... i could add the both and flash them...

Doeas anybody know the Correct Header Settings for the Card?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only 1 ROM (Flash) in the Superflash. Roms can be addressed only in powers of two (so the Superflash can easily choose a block of 64M, 32M, 16M, 8M, 4M etc per game) For it to efficiently use strange game sizes which are made from two unmatched ROMs, it would need a whole lot more logic which it doesn't likely have. Most games don't use two ROMs anyways so it's not a big deal.

I would guess that the software doesn't use the copier header at all but the Nintendo header embedded into the game. If you have the best results by removing headers, keep doing it.
Bishonen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks kyuusaku!

What should i do without your competent and fast answers?! Very Happy
Bishonen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was always wondering why the Super Flash Cart can only hold up to 4 Games at once, not as much as there is memory like the MD Pro Cart.

It seems the Cart has 4 "Blocks" of Memory each is 16Mbits big...

For example: If you add 4 Games (each has 4Mbit), you can't use the remaining space (48Mbits in this case) Every game will be written in one of those 16Mbit Blocks...

If you add 4 Games with 16Mbits each, than you've completely filled the cart (4 games is always the max. and 0 Mbit remaining)

But it's bad if you Flash a game with 20 Megs (it occupies then two 16 Mbit Blocks) and then 2 games with 4 or 8 MBit (they are using the other 2 Blocks)... than you have only 3 games on the Cart und only 28/36 Megs used - not very efficient...

Right, kyuusaku?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I don't have a SuperFlash. Having 4x16M banks sounds reasonable though. I suspect that you wouldn't want to completely fill up the card with 4 games anyway because part of a game must be overwritten to make space for the menu code. One obvious reason for having only 4 game blocks is to allow every game on the card to use SRAM.

BTW if the MD Pro is more flexible than the SuperFlash, it's that way by design, ROMs work the same way between the Genesis and SNES, the only difference is that Genesis ROMs are wider (16-bit).
Bishonen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD Pro is much more flexible, it let's you use the complete space (of course not 100% - the good old Menu-Problem) and provides save support for 4 games...

BTW: Super Flash Card only supports ONE SRAM Game on the cart... but it lets you use really all the space ( example: 2 x 32 Mbit Games )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: