ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superflash Woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atmaweapon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Superflash Woes Reply with quote

Like many others, I cannot get Super Flasher to see the flash cart...which is highly disappointing.

Super Flasher shows 1) and nothing else.

My LPT1 port is set to EPP.

I've tried two different parallel cables, both male/male db25 switchbox cables, and one of them has been referenced on this forum before and allegedly works. So I'm fairly certain that's not the problem, although I could be wrong. I didn't order the cables with my kit, because for some reason they aren't on the Hardware page. I didn't think to look for them on the main page. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure this cable is compatible:

http://www.cablegalaxy.com/showroom/3854.cfm

I've tried changing the port address in my BIOS and Super Flasher, to no avail. I tweaked every setting I could in Device Manager, again, to no avail.

The flash cart itself works fine, the ROMs included with it are playable.

At this point the only thing I can think to do is to try on an older PC. My mobo is an ECS Nvidia NFORCE4MA v3.0, so maybe the parallel port on that board just isn't compatible with this device...I really hope so. Otherwise, I don't know what else to try.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated...
atmaweapon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this morning to get the thing to work on 3 other PCs...one 98, one 2K, and another XP. The result is exactly the same.

Does this mean it is, after all, the cable? Out of 2 parallel switchbox cables, one of which someone else here claims has worked for them, neither does the trick? I knew I was bound to run into this problem, but I didn't realize it would be this much of a headache. If the site was organized better, I would've bought the cable offered here...but it's too late for that.

There is no way I'm paying to ship one cable from Hong Kong, so does anyone know exactly which cable (not Belkin, see above post) I'm supposed to use? Apparently db25 male/male switchbox cable isn't specific enough.
atmaweapon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record:

4 different PCs
3 different operating systems
3 different parallel cables

And still...nothing.

Last edited by atmaweapon on Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
atmaweapon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one cares, but for the record I just bought yet another goddamn parallel cable, and guess what....it doesn't work.

Unless there is some magical property that Tomy's cable possesses that is missing from the 3 straight through db25 m/m switchbox cables I've tried, it's not the cable.

Jesus H. Christ, this is frustrating...almost not worth the effort.
atmaweapon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number of PCs I've now tried: 6

Any suggestions Tomy?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you test the cart when receive ? Inside have games, you can run it without flash games. If it work, then it is working unit. I use the same programmer come with your order.

You need both parallel cable (switch box extension cable) + USB type A to B cable to flash the cart.
And need to setup from bios for EPP printer port mode.

About the parallel cable, it is 25 male to 25 male switch box extension cable. It is straight cable. No cross pins.

One more things need to take care. From the software part, you need to click "setup" to set correct EPP printer port address. It must be same one as bios setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: