ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GD7 Problem ; ;

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rixus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: GD7 Problem ; ; Reply with quote

Hello, I just received my GD7 from Tomy (fast shipping thanks much Smile ) but I'm having some problems.

Starters I thought I had a power adapter for it, but I realized I have a model 2 genesis so that didn't work, but I remember reading something about the nintendo power supply so I tried using that. (It says 9v on it and I thought thats what you needed)

When I plug in the power, the GD7 makes a rather loud humming noise...is it suppose to do that? ...I hope not, its too loud to keep plugged in at all times..., Anyways, I have it plugged in my NTSC snes and I can turn it on and the menu screen comes up, but I can't get the disk drive to read disks. When I put a disk in it, it sorta sounds like its reading it, then the screen will go black...

So I'm not exactly sure what to do, I sorta thinking maybe the power isn't right ...so I dunno, someone have an idea?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use a NES power supply, it's an AC supply, not DC! It can damage many consoles, but I think the GDSF7 has protection against damage.
Get another power supply and the disk drive will probably work.
Rixus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea I kinda figured that out...I'll go pick up an adapter and hopefully it works Smile thanks.

I can't believe I didn't see that about the nes..I feel so stupid now...hopefully I didn't break it Crying or Very sad
madman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Famicom, that adapter should work fine.
Rixus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay I got an new adapter from R-shack and it works Wink

copied games and everything, however, now I have another problem, I'm getting some graphical errors, I guess its what you'd call it. The roms are good and all but for some reason the screen will flicker black and garble up. I thought maybe it was the copier, but I tried playing a cart in passthrough and even the cart flashed...so I'm thinking its the connection between the two...I tried cleaning them but nothing...so I dunno maybe I need a new snes now >.<' grrr...

thanks for everyone who helped me so far! Smile
madman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like a connection problem. Clean both sides of the SF7 connector, this will probably fix all your problems. Use a q-tip dipped in alcohol.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plug an NES power adapter into a GD, for instance a GD3, I've noticed that you just blow out the regulator. Sure, its a small fix, but still a hassle non the least.
Rixus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I didn't blow anything out, I'm barrowing a friends snes right now and it works fine on his...no problems at all...

now just trying to figure out how to make SD3 work, keep getting a black screen...secret of mana works fine, but errr... oh well, I'll figure this beast out yet.

actually does anyone know why some of these games (SD3, FF3/6, bomberman 2) Give me black screens? I have gotten other games to work on it fine, I've downloaded about 3 different versions of SD3 so I dunno, every one of those games works in the emulators. I thought maybe it was because SD3's checksum is bad but I can get DoReMi Fantasy to work fine with a bad checksum...hmm this is becoming a hassle... hopefully I figure it out Wink
Smack

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rixus wrote:
actually does anyone know why some of these games (SD3, FF3/6, bomberman 2) Give me black screens?

If you have converted other games without a problem I suspect that your roms have bad headers. Sometimes emulators will play them fine but the Game Doctor will not. My SD3 rom has a bad checksum but I just reconverted it and it works just fine in the Game Doctor.
Rixus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out the problem Smile THANKS EVERYONE Smile ....anyways I was having some problems with uncon64 with splitting roms so I was using snestl for that but I guess it doesn't like to spit 32 mb games right, because after abit of command line with uncon things are up and running wonderfully.

Thanks again! Smile Happy gaming!

Rix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: