ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do I need the CIC-161 chip?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hisoka_Ryodan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Do I need the CIC-161 chip? Reply with quote

I am going to buy the SNES package thing that comes with the T connector and the flash cart and all. Do i need the chip as well? And what exactly does it do?
MrCheese

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CIC chip is the region protection chip. Different regions have different chips. The t -connector allows you to connect the flash cart and a cart of the suitable region to the SNES at the same time. The software is ran from the flash cart and the CIC chip is read from the original cart.
Hisoka_Ryodan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so i need a CIC chip to play games? If i buy a CIC chip and the flash cart will it come with it installed onto it already?
MrCheese

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a CIC for the correct region. You can get Japanese CIC chips from Toby. If you get the t-connector you can plug in a USA cart to have the USA CIC read, a European cart to have the European CIC read etc. If you only play games from the Japanese region get the CIC from Toby. If you play from other regions get the t-connector and use one of your existing carts to have the CIC chip read.

Flash
Cart
|
|
Cart---| (T-Connector)
|
SNES

The SNES reads the CIC from "Cart" and software from "Flash Cart". The flash cart and regular cart are connected at the same time by using the t-connector.
Kantenbär

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I'm also interested in this SNES package thing.

I own a NSTC/U Super Nintendo, which has to switches on the backside, to choose between the region and 50/60 Hz.

Do I need this CIC chip, or is it already installed?
I bought this Snes on eBay so I have no clue what kind of modification was done.

Thanks in advance!
MrCheese

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends if the protection chip inside the SNES has been disabled. I imagine it would have been if someone has been inside and fitted a 50/60hz and region switch. If it has been then you would not need any CIC chip.
norishen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Then, I need a chip CIC for Europe. This exists?

regards,

Norishen
MrCheese

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much every European cart will have a European CIC chip in. ind a cheap SNES cart on eBay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: