ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Having One Rom or Game on SuperFlash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonofx51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Having One Rom or Game on SuperFlash Reply with quote

If you only load one game to the superflash, does the superflash still boot to its menu to select said game or does it directly boot that one game? As long as I am asking does the GDSF7 do the same thing? I searched but couldn't find an answer.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Super Flash :
It must have boot menu to run game. But when you flash only one game, then boot menu detect only one game inside Super Flash. Then boot menu don't display menu and direct run game. (you will not see boot menu)

For SF7 :
You need to hold "R" button when power on SF7, then you can see SF7 menu. After you loaded game, power off. When you power on again without disk and without hold "R" button. It will direct boot game inside SF7. (will not see menu also)
sonofx51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the quick reply, I still haven't decided which to buy. I like the fact that I can play Star Ocean on the snes if I go with the GDSF7 and ram upgrade, but I like the size of the superflash. First thing is first, gotta save up some cash.
sonofx51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh one more thing, the GDSF7 only has 256kb of BRAM, how many games would I not be able to save on? Is there a list of them I can check out somewhere?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not remember wrong, I remember a game need 1024kb sram. (forgot game name)
But if only one game, for me, I don't really care of it.
sonofx51

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for all the help.
The Dumper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few special chip games that use more SRAM but you won't be playing those on the SuperFlash.

I don't think any standard US carts have more than 256Kb SRAM. There a handful of Japanese titles nobody probably cares about that use 512Kb, and one that uses 1Mb. The 1Mb game is Dezaemon SFC. It's an arcade style game. It's actually pretty cool if you're into that kind of thing. I played it for a while. There is a translation for it which you don't really need if you're only playing the game, but it also has some kind of a sprite editor or something built in to customize the game with which I didn't play around with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: