ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone fix this rom for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiki77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Can anyone fix this rom for me? Reply with quote

Can anyone fix this rom for me, so that it works on my SF6? It always appears File Size Error. It's a trainer rom with intro. If someone is successfully, could he give me an instruction, please?
http://www.speedyshare.com/907324637.html
Thanks in advance! Very Happy

MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not likely anything wrong with your ROM file. You need to have a properly working parallel port setup. I used to have one (I think) but just today I tried hooking up my copier with my PC and depending on port mode, XGD6 will or won't work at all. Also, games larger than 8M don't usually load, giving me the same error as you "file size error".

I just noticed you said you have an intro/trainer, you should try a clean ROM.

Update: I've got it working again. I set my Parallel Port mode in the Bios to EPP+ECP 1.7. I had a transfer fail once on a 32Mbit game, but it hasn't failed on the attempts after that. Again I stress I had the same problem as you where some roms would load, mainly smaller ones. But larger roms would error out with File Size Error. So check your port setting. Definitely do so if -xgd3 works but -xgd6 does not. Depending on my port mode, xgd3 might work while -xgd6 won't.

With EPP+ECP 1.7 -xgd6 works and it loads 32mbit roms no problem. And I'm using Windows XP SP2.
kiki77

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the roms i plugged with my SF6 work. Also 32Mbit roms are no problem. Many of these roms with trainer menu don't work via parallel connection. The clear roms work fine. It is strange for me: the trainer roms work from disc.
Often i work with hex editor and clear roms and save them as a included trainer without menu. They work with parallel plug. Very Happy Surprised Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: