ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double Pro Fighter PC Utilities - Help Needed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QJimbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Double Pro Fighter PC Utilities - Help Needed! Reply with quote

I recently purchased a Double Pro Fighter Q, including the Parallel port adaptor that plugs into the SNES cartridge slot. However, I can't work out how to use this with my PC! I've sent Genesis .BIN and .SMD format roms to it with Send Utility Pro 2.0, but after sending, the DPF doesn't play them, I'm really confused on how to actually get the thing to run the ROM file...

After a bit of research I also found this old newsgroup post from 1994! One of the comments mentioned that downloading from the Genesis side is slow, but that shows it's possible! Does anyone have the software that was included with this device?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you have this adaptor for dpf to pc. Great ! Hmm, I sugguest use uCon64 for transfer. I think it work ok
QJimbo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah uCon64 only works with the snes side Sad With some help on CherryRom's forum I managed to get the official send tool though (http://df02.dot5hosting.com/~admin117/snes/ARCHIVES/FILES/CCSE-SEN.LZH), however I've yet to find anything that can download carts from the copier to my PC which would save some time. Also tomy, I've scanned in the PCB of the parallel port adaptor if you want to have a shot at cloning it or something: top / bottom
Apparently that "PALCE" chip is uncracked though, and sorry the parallel port connector obscures some of the board.

Anyway all I need some is something to download carts to my PC and I'll be content with my copier, does anyone know of any software that can do this?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically Tototek doesn't have the means to build such a copier. Also realistically few people would buy it to make it worth while. Bung sold HUNDREDS of thousands of units over their decade of full priced units under their name. It literally takes 200,000 units to build a cost effective custom design, otherwise the costs of field programmable parts would skyrocket the unit's cost to around $300 like Kevin Horton's unit.

Also the DSF7 CDROM is not compatible with Pro Fighters... I don't know about the SFIII generation one but I don't know how in the world it would. There never was a CDROM released to the public for sure and nobody has found references to it inside the BIOS. If CCL ever made a CDROM they kept it to themselves and really hid the code well.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know for sure all 3 PFQ's I've ever owned did nothing special with a DSF7 CDROM attached. Theres no such thing as a standard parallel device, CDROM's aren't 8bit devices but 16bit like hard drives. Parallel is an 8bit interface so to communicate with a 16bit device there has to be a buffer implemented. Because everyone has their own different hardware AND software ways to accomodating this, there there never was a followed standard. Theres little chance the Pro Fighters have hidden code that drives MKE CDROMs using Bung's protocol specifically written for their hardware core. One way to check definitively is to examine the Pro Fighter's parallel status pins, likely it was made to only handshake with a PC. The only way I could see a CDROM for Pro Fighter is if the CDROM had it's own internal board containing a circuit made to talk with the Pro Fighter in it's own way.
AMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today arrived my Parallelport-adaptor from tototek. Actually i tried to send the roms with ucon64 and the Send Utility Pro 2.0 to my Double Fighter Pro Q+. With ucon (i use the gui) i have the problem that the install of the port95nt.exe aborts with an error message. I've tried to download only the DLPORTIO.dll from the internet, but this file seems not to be right one, ucon can't find my par.Port. The another two files are in the ucon directory (io.dll, inpout32.dll)
Send Utility Pro sends the selected file to the Double Fighter, (no error message) but how can i start the rom? There is no pop up or menu option in the setup menu of the double fighter? A simple reset doesn't help. When i click on "Run File" the DB Fighter askes me to insert a disk. Can anyone help me?
Config: Laptop with real Par.Port and WinXP
Many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: