ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA/JP ROMS low FPS in EUR console. Need adapter?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yabier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: USA/JP ROMS low FPS in EUR console. Need adapter? Reply with quote

Hello. I've found that games like MUSHA (Aleste) run slow in my Genesis 2 EUR console. I have checked that the game works at 50FPS instead of the original 60. I have an RGB cable made by myself that works great, but I think the problem is that although the region is unlocked the EUR console will always run at 50 FPS. There are no additional hardware between the console and the cart, so it is like playing a USA/JP cart directly in my EUR console.

My question is, do I need an adaptor like the HoneyBee to run that kind of games full speed? For example, in the SNES I have no speed problems because I use a SUPER UFO, that works as a converter, but in the Genesis there is not any additional device. I'm tottally sure that is a hardware problem, the EUR Genesis can't simply work at 60 FPS itself alone. Or am I wrong?
fonzie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to switch the megadrive to make it run at 60hz. Its not possible to do that from a cartridge adaptater (like snes, seems?).
Yabier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fonzie. I mean something like this

http://i11.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/f0/53/631e_1.JPG

It has a switch on the back to set the region you want. I think it affects the 60hz too, working like an external hardware instead of an internal mod of the Genesis. What do you think?

OK, I've been reading some post in several forums. The "Game adaptor" and its brothers only remove the region protection.

Could you tell me where can I find the diagrams to modify my PAL MegaDrive? I think I could install the switch myself.

Thanks.

Last edited by Yabier on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
fonzie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, nothing can change the frequency of the megadrive from the cartridge.
To get 60hz, i'm 99% sure you need to open your megadrive and add a switch. Smile

However, please think that some games "over" slowdown because they are not optimized for the 50hz... I think mushua also exist in PAL rom, why not trying that first?
Yabier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I have edited my post while you were posting, so please read above Very Happy

It's true that MUSHA has a PAL rom, but great games like SoR are not synchronized in PAL Sad

Anyway, modding is not a problem. But can you explain me why the NTSC games work fully speed in the SNES?

(By the way, I hope you have read the last post here Very Happy)

OK!!! Found!! http://www.segasaturno.com/portal/selector-de-region-y-hzs-para-megadrive-ii-kba138.html Very Happy
Yabier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen that are two switches: one for the region and another for 50/60hz.

As I can remove the regional protection of any rom, do I need both switches or can I work only with the 50/60hz one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: