ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SF7 RAM Upgrade question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Everblue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: SF7 RAM Upgrade question Reply with quote

I just received an SF7 I bought from Ebay, it was being sold as having "32mbit" of RAM. I cannot try it yet (still waiting to get an AV cable for my Super Famicom), so I have a question.

I have opened the trapdoor underneath, and to my surprise its already occupied by a RAM upgrade, which is strange because it was sold as a 32mbit. Which of the following could be true?

1. The SF7 come with less than 32mbit and it was upgraded to 32mbit (which is strange because I keep reading that SF7 came with 32mbit by defualt).

2. There is no RAM inside the SF7, only in the trapdoor (improbable).

3. The seller does not know what he was selling (also, improbable).

4. The RAM inside the SF7, or the trapdoor is dead, so it only reports as 32mbit.

5. any thing else?

There is nothing written on the RAM board in the expansion slot that could indicate the amount of RAM it has.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

E'Blue
Everblue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update - I managed to get my hands on a SCART cable. Doing a self test, it says that RAM bank 1 is empty, and RAM Bank 2 has 32mbit of RAM. I thought they would have made it the other way round?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAM bank 1 = internal RAM
RAM bank 2 = Expansion RAM

So, when you plug extra ram card to SF7. You need to open SF7 and plug inside the internal ram connector.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy, the RAM inside the SF7 that is Internal is Plugged in? If so, could I buy a 64MBit board to put in my Internal and another 64Mbit to plug in my expansion to get 128Mbit? I wonder because I bought a 32MBit GDSF7, so if I bought a 64mbit board I'd only have 96mbits.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla,

Yes, when produce SF7, BUNG put 32M ram card (mostly) to internal ram connector. So, it onboard is 32M.
Yes, you can buy 2 x 64M ram card, one pulg to internal, another plug to external. Then it become 128M.

One thing need to take care when you have 128M. When you plug DSP adaptor to 128M SF7,
selftest will show BRAM error (as i remember). I think because BUNG don't make a mapper / I/O to fix the conflict.
retrofan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you post the item number under which this sold on ebay?
Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: