ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USB to floppy adapter can work with doctor sf7. ufo and DPF
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laomax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: USB to floppy adapter can work with doctor sf7. ufo and DPF Reply with quote

Hello, I am in China, I have wondered this usb to floppy adapter could work with a doctor sf7. ufo and DBF. I have buied one of these and tested.

http://www.xiuhuawang.cn/%B7%C2%D5%E6%C8%ED%C7%FD/

http://qhsfd.com/product_chose2.asp
sonofx51

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have any pictures of it working with any of these copiers? Looks like an interesting product.
laomax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes,but i don't known where is the picture post. these days i have all been testing this driver, it trust work.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great for people without a PC link, but you still have to organize your data into disk sized pages which is an inconvenience. If only they were as cheap as regular floppy drives I could see it catching on. What I think would be more interesting is if instead of paging through disks, you paged through your files, as if it generated dynamic virtual floppies. That would take the inconvenience out of the device but still retain full compatibility.
laomax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is cheap, I buy the current price space as 150 RMB, equivalenting to a beautiful circle just $20, and is the 256MB U disk can imitate 100 floppy disks really

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/item_detail-0db2-a0b9681a47fc81105e5be14f8afc7410.jhtml
laomax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreover, its size is similar to the floppy actuator, connecting also similar.Change page through a switch on the machine front-panel, the capacity size of the each page is a 1.44MB, having 100 pages totally.
laomax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And compatibility aspect, if the U disk capacity is small in the 1GB, so and compatibility very good, I have already tested, if the U disk capacity is big in the 1GB, existence and compatibility problem, sometimes can read to can't write.My English level is limited, hope you can be understand.
laomax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.taobao.com/view_image.php?pic=Wx0GGlFDXA1VUwMFWx0SCwkNGRFcVxxQW1UcCxMFRBkDCFdVV1cRRhpTRDhHEFoBamtabloxKghaGQMOYBpZQhI%3D&title=tc3D3DcyMGu3wtXmyO3H%2FStVxcw%3D&version=2&c=ZWMyZTk1MDE5NDcxZjA0ZmE5YzkzMjliOWZlMjlkOTI%3D
laomax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.embcx.com/it/u06.jpg
http://www.embcx.com/it/u07.jpg
sonofx51

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still interested, so how would I load a game that splits onto 3 floppy's? I assume if I have it on page 1-3 then page one loads, copier asks for disk 2, I press the page up button and it loads, copier asks for disk 3 and I press the page button and it loads. Is this pretty much correct? If so I am still interested. I am in the US and do not read chinese, how do I go about ordering one with a 256mb unit or 512mb?
laomax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonofx51 wrote:
I'm still interested, so how would I load a game that splits onto 3 floppy's? I assume if I have it on page 1-3 then page one loads, copier asks for disk 2, I press the page up button and it loads, copier asks for disk 3 and I press the page button and it loads. Is this pretty much correct? If so I am still interested. I am in the US and do not read chinese, how do I go about ordering one with a 256mb unit or 512mb?

YES, if you have it on page 1-3 then page one loads, copier asks for disk 2, you first press "reset",then press the page up button and it loads, copier asks for disk 3 and you first press "reset",then press the page button and it loads.
you can use one with a 256mb unit or 512mb,but it only is used 144MB,and splits onto 100 floppys
sonofx51

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how can I order one? would you be willing to sell yours?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonofx51 wrote:
so how can I order one? would you be willing to sell yours?

I am interested in this as well and I am in the USA. How do I order one?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check here if you want to build one : http://jeanfrancoisdelnero.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/index.html
Most company clone it or modify it.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have a link for a English language site that sells these floppy drive replacements? Also, a clone of this for the Famicom Disk System would be nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: