ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stopped working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zinger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Stopped working Reply with quote

My 64M flash cart from tototek used to work fine just a few days ago, but today my computer didn't recognize the cart. I've checked all settings in BIOS and it's still set to EPP, I've tried all different versions of DreamWriter that are availiable through tototeks homepage. The cart works fine when I use it with my Mega Drive. So what could be the problem here? Is the programmer very sensitive? I've only had it standing on my desktop without touching it basically...
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your MD Pro still can play ? If yes, it should be ok. If it can recongnize before, then setting should be ok. Please try more, if you can't make it work again. Then need to ship it back to me for check.
saturndual32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinger, did you find a way to make it work?. Same thing happened to me, it always worked fine, then one day, my PC couldnt detect it. It still works fine in my Megadrvie (have the Pier Solar demo on it), but my PC doesnt recognize the cart anymore.
I have tried everything to get it to recognize it again, but nothing helps.
Any suggestions?
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried flashing my 32m MD-pro today - for the first time in over a year. I'm having the same problem, the cart isn't being detected - the cart will actually get really hot if I leave it in the writer for a few minutes.

I have a copy of Yu Yu Hakusho written on the cart, and it plays just fine.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more like a problem with the programmer than the cart. I noticed on mine that there are little rubber feet under each croner, but not in the middle. This means you stress the PCB every time you plug in the cart. It wouldn't surprise me any if after a while the PCB cracked in the middle, rendering it useless. I put some extra rubber under the middle of mine to help prevent that.
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chilly Willy wrote:
Sounds more like a problem with the programmer than the cart. I noticed on mine that there are little rubber feet under each croner, but not in the middle. This means you stress the PCB every time you plug in the cart. It wouldn't surprise me any if after a while the PCB cracked in the middle, rendering it useless. I put some extra rubber under the middle of mine to help prevent that.

I did the same thing - I noticed the potential for a "stress-related injury" the first time I used the MDPro. No big deal, even if the thing is shot, I definitely got my money's worth out of my MDPro.

Now I have an excuse to buy the 64M model!
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinger, have you solve your problem ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: