ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What I need to play Seiken Densetsu 3 only

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
javitherapper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: What I need to play Seiken Densetsu 3 only Reply with quote

Hi, I am new here and I am really happy to know that for first time in my life, I could play Seiken Densetsu 3 in my Super Nintendo PAL an in my language Wink

I would like to know all I need to make my own game, if someone could help me...

I am only interested in Secret of Mana 2, the only game I do not have original, because I can't understand a word of japanese, so tell me all items I need to play the game in my original PAL supernitendo without any mod.

I think I need:

-------
a) Secret of Mana 2 translated r0m (I have this one, without header)
-------
b) SUPER-FLASH 64M Card kit for SNEX
or
b) SUPER-FLASH 64M Card kit with case for SNEX (has front case or only back like the photo?)
or
b) There is another more cheaper but with less MBs? I need only one game
-------
c) Parallel and USB cables
-------
d) CIC-161 Chip (Japan) for SUPER-FLASH 64M Card
**What is this? I need it to play Secret of Mana 2 in a Pal Super Nes?
**If it is needed to play a japanese game in a Pal console, I think I could modify the r0m to make a PAL game with Snestool.
-------

Thanks a lot, I am waiting an answer from someone who knows something Wink
azidahaka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need rom with an header first of all. you can reconstruct it in case the plain rom doesn't have it using snestool.

after that apply the patch for your language.

i suggest you the
SUPER-FLASH 64M Card kit with case for SNEX

that i own too. the extra mbs will come in handy for other games you would like to play. and no, no smaller version exist.

for what concern cables, i suggest you to buy the one that is in sale in this place because i had to buy 3 before finding a suitable one...

it have to be a STRAIGHT cable, and most cables sold as parallel ones are actually laplink or interlink cables that are NOT suitable!

hope this helps
javitherapper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Header is obligatory to run the game?

I am spanish, and to apply the spanish patch, I must delete the header before applying it, but once applied, can I create the header?

My console is PAL version, so I need a PAL CIC, that there are in all PAL Super Nes games, so the only thing I need is unsoldering it from the original and resoldering it to the flash cart, is this OK?

I think I am going to buy the parallel cable too.

Thanks a lot Wink
azidahaka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

javitherapper wrote:

I am spanish, and to apply the spanish patch, I must delete the header before applying it, but once applied, can I create the header?

My console is PAL version, so I need a PAL CIC, that there are in all PAL Super Nes games, so the only thing I need is unsoldering it from the original and resoldering it to the flash cart, is this OK?

Thanks a lot Wink

you should be able to apply the patch on the rom with the header! otherwise snestool *migh* be able to repair it... but i tell you, better patching a rom with is header on already.

regarding the CIC, you need any one on the cart. IE in my pal snes modded with 50/60Hz mod the flash card with ntsc CIC works perfect... actually you mainly need a chip there. a few games are region protected, but i think that with ucon64 you can patch them...

anyway if you're good at soldering go with your PAL CIC
javitherapper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azidahaka wrote:
javitherapper wrote:

Thanks a lot Wink

you should be able to apply the patch on the rom with the header! otherwise snestool *migh* be able to repair it... but i tell you, better patching a rom with is header on already.

regarding the CIC, you need any one on the cart. IE in my pal snes modded with 50/60Hz mod the flash card with ntsc CIC works perfect... actually you mainly need a chip there. a few games are region protected, but i think that with ucon64 you can patch them...

anyway if you're good at soldering go with your PAL CIC

Ok, thanks a lot, but in the instructions to apply the patch into my languaje, it says that I must delete header first, then apply the patch and all done, it doesn't say that I must add or repare header. When I repare or add header after applying the patch, the game works in zsnes (emulator) but says "bad checksum fail" or something like that, I would like to know it there could be some problem when I insert the game in the flash cart.

One more thing, which is the utility of this command of ucon65:

ucon64 -f romname.smc

Is this command complete?

Thanks a lot Wink
azidahaka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that headerless won't work.... so add an header after patching.

can't tell anything about ucon64 because it doesn't work for me. i use snestool as is stated before
javitherapper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azidahaka wrote:
i think that headerless won't work.... so add an header after patching.

can't tell anything about ucon64 because it doesn't work for me. i use snestool as is stated before

Thanks for your answer, so only with snestool I could create the header after patching the r0m, so, don't worry that in ZSnes emulator it says bad chechsum of something like that and the game works ok in the PC and saves ok?

After patching and creating header, the emulator says this, but works fine, I don't understand it... could it possible that doesn't work in the flash cart?

Another thing, did send Tomy any email confirmation after paying the package? Because I have made an order that I have paid with paypal, but I haven't any answer from him...

Does the "Get Shipping Status" section works? Because I enter my order number and always says "Waitting for ship / Invisilive order"

Thanks a lot from France Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: