ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NGPC linker

View previous topic :: View next topic  
altima1994

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: NGPC linker Reply with quote

Neogeo Pocket flashcart the tototek version. Please consider making it for us who missed the NGPC linker in earlier day it went out for sale.
massiva

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: NGPC LINKER Reply with quote

I also agree. It is because it is already looked for for many years.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I do have a NGPC Linker (32M) it's awesome, but as my new pc doesn't have a LPT anymore, USB Linkers are a big need for new consumers
madman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think there's much demand for something like this. There's a fairly limited library that is mostly easy to obtain in cart only form.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, and yeah, the library is so slim, it would be less expensive to just collect all the carts out there. You can pick up about 90% of the NGP library on ebay for cheap.
Morden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfeman wrote:
the library is so slim, it would be less expensive to just collect all the carts out there. You can pick up about 90% of the NGP library on ebay for cheap.

Why did you pick up a linker then? Heh. After all, you can buy all of the titles on eBay for cheap. I can only assume you got the linker for games and not for the homebrew, because there isn't any. Well, none that's good or does something more than display an image with a simple effect over it.

The fact is, getting a complete set of titles for any system equals spending a ton of cash. And there are those who don't care about having all the titles in their original boxes with all of the inserts and a manual. They just buy a linker and play roms.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morden wrote:
Why did you pick up a linker then?

Back when I bought it, the NGP was still being sold and was a viable system and the games were much harder to come by.

seems like it was a really long time ago but it really wasn't all that long ago.

Typically I pick up flash carts to be able to play rom translations of non-english games that are not released in the US, which is the main reason why I want a Wonder Swan flash kit.

It's a shame the NGP had such a short lifespan, it's a really nice handheld, a nice screen, cool OS and great battery life.
Morden

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I really dig the calendar feature and the music in the background. It's nice to know you actually have something in your handheld other than the raw guts. Up untill Nintendo DS all you got while turning on a handheld unit without a cart in was a blank screen.

Even in WonderSwan, you could access the console menu only when a cart was actually inserted. Weird.

And hey, did some NGP or NGPC games get fanmade translations? Which ones?
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morden wrote:

And hey, did some NGP or NGPC games get fanmade translations? Which ones?

I'm unsure about that. The only games I ever wound up playing on the thing were:

Metal Slug [both of 'em]
Sonic [great port!]
Bubble Bobble or puzzle bobble or whatever the hell it was called

that's it! I have a bunch of other games for it and I'll, probably collect the full library when I get around to it, currently I'm just finished with my N64 library [with a few exceptions, mostly sports games] and finishing off my 32X library [still searching for Blackthorne at a reasonable price].

edit: here's a cool link I had in my bookmarks for NGP hacks and hoembrew: http://www.devrs.com/ngp/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: