ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Has ANYONE, ever NOTICED?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishonen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Has ANYONE, ever NOTICED?!?! Reply with quote

A 64 Mbit Super Flash Card has 64 Mbit's of Space... ok....

If ya' own any GBA, the Tototek MegaDrive Flash Card or any other Flash-Card, you know this: You can't use the whole Space for your Games... the "Game-Select-Menu" also needs a bit of Space...

The Tototek Mega Drive Flash Card Software prevents you from occupie 100% of the Space - The SuperFlasher Software does NOT.

To keep it short: If you place two 32Mbit Roms on the SuperFlash Card, the second Rom is corrupt (Glitches, missing graphics, it crashes)

As much as i found out: You can't occupie the Last 16Mbit Memory Bank completely... if you do, the last Rom is corrupt...

Another example: Today i tried to flash to following:

0. Ninja Gaiden Trilogy (12 Mbit)
1. Super Bomberman 5 (16 Mbit)
2. Mortal Mombat (16 Mbit)
3. World Heroes (16 Mbit)

World Heroes was corrupt ... and NO... it is not generally broken, it works if i flash it in an other Order...

Has anyone also noticed?!

Please tell me!
tak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, me too

I can confirm as described
Bishonen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ tak: Thank you very much!

Now i can sleep again, without the "Maybe the Flash Memory of my beloved Card is damaged and will somday completely stop working"-Feeling

P.S.: I would be happy if other People join tak in confirming this Very Happy

P.P.S: Isn't it funny that nobody ever posted about this... and also that thing with the four 16Mbit Banks (You know what i mean: You flash two 24 Mbit Games to the Cart and that's it! 16 Mbits still free and only 2 games on the cart... but the rest of the space is not useable)

I wounder why I'am the only one who asks... maybe I'am just a little... Shocked
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but ROMs don't have a file system so you can't optimize every last bit of ROM space. The reason why two 24M ROMs take up the entire space is because 24M games are made of two ROMs, a 16M and 8M. The nearest next ROM size is 32M. Because the SuperFlash only contains one ROM to emulate two, it could either use hardware to decode the second ROM (8M) or it could use software. I don't think it uses a sophisticated hardware memory decoder which would map small portions of ROM to random portions of memory, it must instead decode ROM similarly to a normal cartridge and simulate how 24M ROMs are decoded into a 32M address space with the flashing software.
Bishonen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 Meg Roms are made of 16 and 8 roms?

Aren't Games existing with 10 Megs?

Of what have they been made?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 24M are made of 16 and 8.

Logically 10M are made of 8 and 2. 12M are 8 and 4. 20M are 16 and 4. 40M are 32 and 8. 48M are 32 and 16.

So, 10M and 12M will be padded to 16M. 20M will be padded to 32M. 40M will be padded to 48M and 48M will be padded to 64M OR maybe it won't be padded because it's 16M x 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: