ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Structure of an MD-PRO "multi-game file"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbjh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Structure of an MD-PRO "multi-game file" Reply with quote

Dirk and I are busy adding support for the MD-PRO to uCON64, based on info sent by Tomy (via timofonic). BTW thanks Tomy!
I was wondering what the structure of a "multi-game file" for the MD-PRO is. Is it simply MDPACKU4.BIN prepended to several concatenated ROM images? Or must the ROM images be aligned to say a 1 Mbit boundary? And what about MDPACKU4.BIN, must it be modified (on the flash card) to "inform" it about the games on the flash card?
leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: reply. Reply with quote

At MDPACKU4.BIN, offset $8000 have a table, that used for games identify, this sturcture you can see procedure 'GenListtoBuff' Very Happy , the offset $1E is bankcode , that is point to the sub-game's start page, for example select first game is rambo 2M, second game is bubblebubble 2M,
bankcode on fist games item is 1, and next game item is 2, so the minimum page size is 2M. Laughing the sturcture on card memory is first 2M store on MDPACKU4.BIN size is 2M, after that is 2M size of rambo, after that is 2M size of bubblebubble. Wink
dbjh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, but could you please refrase it a bit? I don't completely understand what you are trying to say. I interpret your answer as follows:
1.) MDPACKU4.BIN contains a table at offset $8000.
2.) This table is used to locate the games in the multi-game file.
3.) At offset $1E in the table is something called a "bankcode".
4.) This bankcode points to a 2 Mbit page. The first page is addressed with value 1, the second with value 2 and so on.
5.) MDPACKU4.BIN itself is 2 Mbit so the lowest value in the table is 2.

I assume the next game would be addressed via offset $1F. But how does MDPACKU4.BIN "know" what the last entry in the table is? Is there a sentinel value?
leo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:16 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

This is a description about $8000 table, this table construction is make by One or many items, (maximum 31 items), One item size have $20 bytes needed , that mean first game info record on $8000, second game info record on offset $8020, third game info record on offset $8040 .....
Detail about One item, first $1c bytes used for games name (when the games name fill out $00, mean no next game item ), the offset $1D alway $00, the offset $1E is page number (this game begin page, for example: the game start at $C0000 the value is $03), offset $1F is a flag/config about this game (detail please see GenListTobuff procedure).
I wish this information can help you . Smile
dbjh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: reply Reply with quote

leo wrote:
Detail about One item, first $1c bytes used for games name

I guess you mean the first $1d bytes. 0 - $1c = $1d bytes. The code of DreamWriter seems to fill in name data at offset $1d too, but that byte is later overwritten with the value 0.

leo wrote:
(when the games name fill out $00, mean no next game item )

Should all bytes at offsets 0 - $1c be zero or only the first byte (in order to indicate that no more games follow)? The source code seems to suggest the latter.

leo wrote:
, the offset $1D alway $00, the offset $1E is page number (this game begin page, for example: the game start at $C0000 the value is $03), offset $1F is a flag/config about this game (detail please see GenListTobuff procedure).

I asked my question because the source code isn't clear to me :-P The meaning of the other bytes is clear now, but I still don't understand what I should write to offset $1f.

leo wrote:
I wish this information can help you . :)

Yes, it helped a lot. Thank you very much. However, I have a whole bunch of other questions about the source code. Can I ask them here or should I ask them via ICQ or e-mail? Or perhaps via the private messaging system of this forum?
The sooner those questions are answered the sooner uCON64 will have support for the MD-PRO.
leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: contact Reply with quote

sorry, I busy to develop next product , so too late to reply you.
Quote:

Yes, it helped a lot. Thank you very much. However, I have a whole bunch of other questions about the source code. Can I ask them here or should I ask them via ICQ or e-mail? Or perhaps via the private messaging system of this forum?

yes, you could though private message ask me. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: