ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STOPPED WORKING!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oaul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: STOPPED WORKING!!! Reply with quote

I got my super flash tonight and I've been flashing it multiple times. It worked great for about 4 flashes, but now it just has a black screen whenever I flash it.
The actual flash process completes successfully. I am using UCON64 with a CL interface.

I notice that the xilinx chip on the bottom of the programmer gets quite hot when I turn on the switch. Could it have burnt out? Id be very disappointed if you can't leave the damn thing on for more than 50 seconds.

And yes, I set the IRQ and EPP mode correctly. The cables are new and my USB puts out the right voltage. The ROM headers I use are ok. I have the newest version of loader.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean you can flash ok, but no screen ? If yes, then please try Super Flash cart software, not uCON64. Because newest super flash cart software have good verify procedure. If one byte different, it will show you. If super flash cart software flash ok, verify ok, but no screen. Then you need to send it back for replacement.
oaul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Super Flash on my computer. Seemed to successfully flash, but the problem persists (black screen). I think I need to return this thing. Can both the programmer and cartridge be replaced by tototek?
oaul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody return their cart/programmer? What is involved, tomy? What about this heat issue? HAS ANYONE EVER NOTICED that the xilinx ic at the bottom of the programmer is extremely hot if left on for 5 minutes? i mean REALLY hot. And my voltage is OK according to my meter (~5V). Any response at all would be comforting.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oaul :

Yes, the xilinx chip hot is normal. You tried Super Flasher v2.34 ? If not, please try this one. If Super Flasher v2.34 can flash and verify ok. Then programmer should be ok. But if you afraid of it damaged. Then you can ship back both. Then I'll test it by myself, see what's the problem.

When you receive it, it have games inside, have you try it before flash new game ?
oaul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy - I did not try it before flash. But for a short time I did have multiple successful flashes where my games and menuscreen work perfectly.

Let me take you through step by step what happened:
-Recieved cart/programmer
-Flashed it
-Menu and games (w/SRAM) work
-Flashed about 4 more times
-Menu and games (w/SRAM) work
-Left on programmer for about 5 minutes
-SOFTWARE COULD NOT DETECT CARD
-Smell of something burning
-Cooled down xilinx IC on programmer for an hour and tried again
-Software could detect card when IC is cooled, but from then on blank screen after every flash. Tried at least 10 times.

I am very aware of your warnings that USB voltage greater than 5V can damage the card. My USB voltage is about 5V. I would be happy to send it back for you to verify.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your explain very clear. Seems it has something damaged.
Yes, please send it back to me. Thanks.
txb142

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am have about the same issue that oaul is having.

I got my super flash March 29th and loaded it with SD3. It was playing fine for a few month but for the last few days my the SNES was reseting itself. But 2 days ago it started giving nothing but a blank screen on 2 different SNES systems. I can still write to it using super flasher, it just won't run on my consoles.

Is there any test points on the super flash that can help you diagnose the problem? I have a professional multimeter that can even test capacitors.

Know tototek is away for the week but when you get back please advise, thanks!
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

txb142,

If your problem can't solve, you can send it back for repair.
txb142

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy wrote:
txb142,

If your problem can't solve, you can send it back for repair.

I took a quick look but I didn't see any procedure to follow for repair on the site. Do I need to make an RMA? What address do I send it to?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: