ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The king of Copiers 2008!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: The king of Copiers 2008! Reply with quote

So with coming of Chinese new year, I began thinking about Chinese copiers Smile. So, with that in mind, what copier is your favorite/best in your opinion?

If I had to put votes down, I'd probably vote “Turbo 64 MX” for best performance, some model of SWC for best peripheral support, and “Super UFO 32 PRO” for well rounded user friendliness (BIOS/GUI/Copier form factor).

How about the you?

EDIT: Oh, for worst copier, I'd probably vote for something like the "Super Disk Interceptor". I mean, it produces disks even DOS can't read! But perhaps someone will come up with a better (worse) nomination Smile
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote "Magic Super Griffin" for the rarest one. And "SWC DX2 64M + Discdual" for the most advanced System. (well, still room for improvements). And "MGD2 + NeoGeo I/O" for the most incomplete and errorous system. (ALL units produce a graphical error by default!)

-----------------------------------
#ToToTEK Channel on EFNet
conceitedjerk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only used a few different copiers (the six I happen to own...) so my experience is rather limited.

Out of the six I own, my 128M SF7 is my favourite... I love the SAVER function, and the "auto-in code" function saves me a lot of time when I'm in the mood to cheat. I've had the thing for so long, everything is like second nature to me.

My Double Pro Fighters c/w Tototek's parallel interface come in a close second (now if I could only remember where I left the Genesis adapter).

And I always have a soft spot for my first: an 18M Hyper UFO 6 (how do you use its parallel port?)

-CJ
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLtd wrote:
I vote "Magic Super Griffin" for the rarest one. And "SWC DX2 64M + Discdual" for the most advanced System. (well, still room for improvements). And "MGD2 + NeoGeo I/O" for the most incomplete and errorous system. (ALL units produce a graphical error by default!)

All of these statements are horribly false!

-Magic Griffins aren't very rare compared to many other copiers.

-GDSF7 is far more advanced than SWCDX2; SWCDX2 has poor memory mapping abilities, poor real time save, it doesn't retain games after poweroff and it doesn't retain multiple games at the same time,

-And the Neo Geo MGD2 adapter works perfectly on ALL games from when it was released in 1992!
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Kyu: I only can judge from the units i know. It took me 12 years to get a Griffin. There was no other thing i had a search THAT long! The SWC DX2 / DD combo is very nice, maybe i dont know better. And for the NeoGeo I/O for the MGD2: I can tell you i have seen personally two units wich got exactly the same graphical errors. (little black bars on the left side of sprites) First i thought its just my unit, but later i read some text in the net stating that the unit is "corruptive by factory". That was some description text from some shop in the Golden Shopping Centre in HK. So, i have never seen a correctly working NG I/O and it seems there is no. However, you may correct and convince me of the opposite anytime! (:
(PS: The forum member "Henning" also has a NeoGeo I/O. I asked him, and his unit has exactly the same error....)

--------------------------------------
#ToToTEK channel on EFNet
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see a picture of the black bars. Something like an address line or data line which is damaged is not a real issue since it can be fixed by hand with wires, I don't consider it "incomplete and errorous".
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
CrackLtd wrote:

All of these statements are horribly false!

-Magic Griffins aren't very rare compared to many other copiers.

-GDSF7 is far more advanced than SWCDX2; SWCDX2 has poor memory mapping abilities, poor real time save, it doesn't retain games after poweroff and it doesn't retain multiple games at the same time,

-And the Neo Geo MGD2 adapter works perfectly on ALL games from when it was released in 1992!

Arn't some copiers by China Coach Ltd more rare than the Griffins? Like the Super Smart Bros? At least I thought when I first read that statment.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some copiers by all makers are rarer than MSG, not to mention accessories, cables and software disks which can be literally like 20 times more difficult to find than MSG.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Wildcard DX2 with Disk Dual (DVD-ROM drive + CF to IDE adaptor/2gb CF card) is my all time favorite. It's especially good because it's connected to my USA SNES which is hooked up to my 33" mitsubishi RGB monitor (picture far exceeds composite/s-video).

Worst favorite copier (not really a copier) is the Magic Card II Turbo for Famicom because it doesn't work, and I don't have a 7201/write capable famicom disk system.

man will Tomy ever come out with an easier FDS solution for writing/backup of FDS disks to and from a PC?
madman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the Smart Bros is harder to find than a Griffin. There's a bunch of harder to find copiers than the Griffin.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the Smart Bros, but I always liked the Double Pro fighter better (Smart Bros as far as I know, had no official paralell port add on). I never had any probs with the 3 DPF's I have had throughout the years.

Super Twin Star (which had many add ons like the MGD2) seems to be pretty rare. One of the coolest copiers/backup units was the Dr PC Jr. I had it once and it worked pretty well, yet it never had the ability to dump cartridges.
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trenton_net knows his stuff Cool

He's right.....Turbo 64MX Best by a mile Very Happy

Regards....John Wink
kiki77

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be best look or appearance of copiers? I think the Supercom Partner looks best.
Wolfeman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree about the SF7 being better than the WildCard DX and the reason is because the SF requires you to reformat and split the roms and it's a PAIN IN THE ASS to do. The WildCard uses the same roms we find where we find roms and splitting them for size is easy. I actually think they both are about the same because where one has a weakness the other makes up for and vice/versa. No one has yet to make the quintessential SNES backup device and it's high time we had one I think.

Anyway, My favorite is my GameBoy XChanger. I have two 64M Mr. Flash carts for it and by far it is the backup device I use most often and get the most fun out of. To a lesser degree the NeoGeo Pocket Color flash kit is nice but there are so few games it's hardly worth having.

I had a CD64 I liked a lot but it died and I recently got a V64 which I don't think is even close to as nice as the CD64. I have a Z64 with the hacked bios to run off a compact flash card instead of a zip drive and that is really really nice but I already own just about every N64 cart put out in the US anyway Smile

I also like Tomy's MegaDrive flash cart and his TG16 flash cart, I would love to see USB versions come out some day. I plan to get the Tototek SNES, the SMS and the GG carts over the next year or so as well.

I can't say what the "worst is". they all have drawbacks. I remember trying a NetMars GB backup unit from the now defunct lik-sang and I hated it. I wound up sending it back for the GBX.

My only remorse is NOT ordering the WonderMagic for the Wonderswan back then when it was available. I want it if only to run the english translated games like Final Fantasy.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I do NOT understand people that complain about the GD3 rom format. What's the problem? Are you incapable of using the command line? Even if you are, you can download a frontend.

I love my GDSF7. I have no problems with it. It's definitely the best SNES Copier I've ever seen. While having its unique format that is not supported by emulators means you will have to convert games that doesn't take away so much when the GDSF series is not hard to find, not over priced, and runs all the games expensive copiers like the SWCDX2 can, and actually 1 more with the Star Ocean 96mbit hack. Wink

I actually programmed my own frontend for using my GDSF7. I just click my program, it asks me to select a zipped rom from my collection, I choose it and that's it. It will unzip, convert, and send the ROM automatically. That makes it as convenient as using an emulator minus the upload time of the parallel port.

And before that I would convert and split files to put on floppy disks manually. It was no big deal at all.

My pick for the best SNES Copier is ofcourse the GDSF7. Not a copier but still along the same lines the best option for the NES is the PowerPAK. For the Genesis I have no idea but the MegaCart is appealing because of the low cost and being pretty capable. Especially with the Sega CD-ROM loading of roms. For N64, I always thought the Z64 was cool looking but I never used any. I wish I had any N64 backup unit though. I'm not picky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: