ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Doctor SF 7 Questions/Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hisoka_Ryodan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Game Doctor SF 7 Questions/Help Reply with quote

I really want a snes backup unit but I really could use some help. I want to buy the SF7 with another 64mb RAM attachment. I have alot of questions about all of this. 1st off, is the RAM easily attached, or does it require opening up the SF7 and actual installation? Next, what else do I need to buy with the SF7? If I need the parallel cable, and power supply, what kind do I need? Also, i hear that there is problems with US SNES's cuz it doesn't fit properly. What would be the best SNES to buy in order for it to work the best? Should i get the small SNES or the original model 1? Also, i understand that it plugs into the computer via the printer parallel cable. Is ucon easy to use? It sounds as if there is alot to it, and alot of work that is needed inorder for the games to work. Does it come with step by step instructions?

sorry for all the questions. I want to make sure i no everything i need to b4 buying something that i have no clue about.

Also, is there a list of all the games that SF7 will not play? Like a straight up complete list of all the DSP games, and other games that SF7 won't play? That would also be very helpful.
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Doctor SF 7 Questions/Help Reply with quote

Hisoka_Ryodan wrote:
I really want a snes backup unit but I really could use some help. I want to buy the SF7 with another 64mb RAM attachment. I have alot of questions about all of this. 1st off, is the RAM easily attached, or does it require opening up the SF7 and actual installation?

My extra 64M RAM from tototek when I bought a SF7 came already installed. THe RAM upgrade slot is easily accessible from a door on the bottom of the unit. You do not have to open up the SF7 to upgrade.

Hisoka_Ryodan wrote:
Next, what else do I need to buy with the SF7? If I need the parallel cable, and power supply, what kind do I need?

Any 9v 850mA ~ 12v 1.5mA center negative. FAMICOM, SFC, Jaguar, PC Engine, and Genesis 1 game systems power supplies all work fine. The manual suggest a 10v 1.5mA, but the SF7 is pretty forgiving though.

Hisoka_Ryodan wrote:
Also, i hear that there is problems with US SNES's cuz it doesn't fit properly. What would be the best SNES to buy in order for it to work the best? Should i get the small SNES or the original model 1?

Both are about the same. Use a CD case to prop up the SF7 on the SNES. I personally recommend a SFC system.

Hisoka_Ryodan wrote:
Also, i understand that it plugs into the computer via the printer parallel cable. Is ucon easy to use? It sounds as if there is alot to it, and alot of work that is needed inorder for the games to work. Does it come with step by step instructions?

A little practice and its VERY simple. uCON64 tool can do everything you need to get games running.

Hisoka_Ryodan wrote:
sorry for all the questions. I want to make sure i no everything i need to b4 buying something that i have no clue about.

Also, is there a list of all the games that SF7 will not play? Like a straight up complete list of all the DSP games, and other games that SF7 won't play? That would also be very helpful.

Here si a list of Special chip games:
http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=519&highlight=stunt

You can find scans of the manual online as well. Some are better quality than others.
http://www.dessgeega.com/gamedoctor.html
Hisoka_Ryodan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i bought a super famicom, would it play all my actual US games? Also, would it play all the US roms?
madman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the days when people would attempt to answer questions on their own?
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hisoka_Ryodan wrote:
if i bought a super famicom, would it play all my actual US games? Also, would it play all the US roms?

SF7's can play both SFC and SNES carts
Hisoka_Ryodan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So buying a super famicom well make the sf7 fit perfectly... and then i will also be able to play both super famicom games and snes games? if so then i will proceed to buy a super famicom right away!!!
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hisoka_Ryodan wrote:
So buying a super famicom well make the sf7 fit perfectly... and then i will also be able to play both super famicom games and snes games? if so then i will proceed to buy a super famicom right away!!!

you would need to play SNES games plugged into the GDSF7's cart slot since they won't fit into an SFC without an adaptor
Rockin' Kat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...A bit of a late reply here.. but, anyway...

Quote:
Also, i hear that there is problems with US SNES's cuz it doesn't fit properly.

You could just do what I did and go to the hardware department of your local Fred Meyer or Wal Mart or whatever you've got near you and buy some little sticky rubber feet to put on the bottom of the rear of the Game Doctor so it sits level on your American SNES. It looks better than using a CD case or peice of card board and it'd be cheaper than going out and importing a system from another country.

Being rubber, they also resist sliding back and forward so the GD is less likely to crash when I change floppies.

Kind of like the ones listed at this online store:

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/RF-33/RUBBER-BUMPERS/FEET-0.4-DIA-X-0.25-H-CLEAR/-/1.html

except mine are square.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: