ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi Game Doctor 1 (not 2!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Multi Game Doctor 1 (not 2!) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an 8Mbit Multi Game Doctor 1 (not 2!) with the following:
- 3.5" diskdrive interface
- external 3.5" diskdrive
- Super Famicom adapter
- Mega Drive adapter
- PC Engine adapter
- Nintendo Famicom Disk System interface
- Nintendo Famicom Disk System 2.8" drive

Some questions:
- The main unit has an unused connector (looks like a Famicom/NeoGeo joystick port) at the back. Anyone know how this can be used? I am hoping it might link the unit to a PC. If So, anyone have the transfer software?
- Does anyone have an exhaustive list of possible error codes?
- Besides the Game Boy adapter what adapters did exist for the MGD1?
- Can the MGD1 be used to backup Famicom Disk System disks?
segabob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: MultiGD Reply with quote

http://www.emucamp.com/red/index3.shtml

you can find info here
rip

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: MultiGD Reply with quote

segabob wrote:
http://www.emucamp.com/red/index3.shtml

you can find info here
No, only MGD2 info there. I was asking about the MGD1.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MGD1 aren't really that rare, they don't copy Famicom games and of course they're only Chinese and were never sold outside HK :)

Only the Game Jack and Super UFOs were exported for sale in Japan.

The port on the MGD1 is a DB15 for PC linkage for backup/file creation of MGD1 2.8" disk images, the MGD1 can't play MGD2 images without a updated BIOS I think. On the other hand, the TGD6 has a 50 (IIRC) edge-connector. Your dongle is a 60-pin connector right? If it is, it might be for backing up games (I have no clue how this is possible) or if its another 50-pin it must be for connecting to the PC interface card.

PS, Hi Sean, this must be you :D
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you mean stuff being sold in Japan, I've actually delt with the first guy, he¡¦s kind of a dick. He's my friend's friend's friend so my friend had the privilege of going to his house :D Unfortunately the only hardware he deals in is Famiclones and the such, everything else he has is fake or recreated Game Doctor game files and phony FFE NES images. I wouldn't mind having the "Rom" silvers but the prices... God-X's prices are even worse, these people are just your average Japanese importers ripping off the Japanese market (as always).. TGD6s are the easiest Famicom copiers to come across. So much that in Hong Kong they sell for around $10 give or take complete! As opposed to $300 for one loose and with only 1M RAM..? That being said, I can get MGD1s pretty easily. I've got 3 right now :) Other than for collectability, if you could call it that, I'd say they're pretty worthless. MOST of them can't even play MGD2 game files without an upgrade BIOS. This is because they require the original "split" MGD format. This is the purpose of having the disk backup function. The MGD loads game files from multiple 64k FDS images.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: c Reply with quote

Yeah, I kinda got the same impression from babelfish.altavista.com.

Didn't seem like they were for sale.

And holy shit! High prices on that other link!

-Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: