ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Questions... maybe intresting for everyone!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bishonen

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Some Questions... maybe intresting for everyone! Reply with quote

Hi!

Just got my MD64Pro Kit a few days ago and the most things work fine... the 4 little rubber feets they have attached to it are really cute but the whole Programmer looks a little bit fragile... evertime i put the card on it, plug a cable in it, i think: "How many times will i be able to do this until this thing breaks or falls apart" Wink but until now, everthing works... but i got a few questions and problems that are regrettably widespread...

Let me drop you a few lines about the things i experinced, i'am sure it may help some other People...

1. The "Address Violation Error" when adding a rom to the Flash-List...

It happend to me when trying to add Castlevania Bloodlines (U) and Tiny Toon Advantures (E)... the Problem was solved after i changed the internal name in the Header via "GEnRomSuite"... i guess it's really a bug in Dream Writer.

BTW: GenRomSuite is a nice Tools whitch allows Converting SMD to BIN and reverse, modify the Header and IPS Patching... you can download it here: http://mipagina.cantv.net/tomman/genSuite/gs282.exe

2. Dream Writer 2.1 for Genesis... ???????????

If you try to download Version 2.1, you get 1.6... has anyone reportet this Error to the People of TotoTek?

3. How can i call up this window??? Shocked

I can't find any Button which makes this Screen appear in my 1.6 Version... please help.. Sad

4. Vectorman crashes after the first Endboss...

Has anyone that Error too? Or is just my rom broken...

Please post, if anyone has something to say about all this, THANKS in advance! Razz
Oerg

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

are you german? Your language sounds a bit like it (Endboss Wink)

Well, about the "falling apart" stuff: I built myself a case out of paper *laughs*

Well To Number 2: Didn't happen to me Wink

3. Double click on a game in the list of selected games to flash on the cart.

4. Didn't happen to me

Thanks for the link to genromsuite, but i guess HEX Editing will do, too Wink *laughs* PS: This happens in 2.1 too Wink
Bishonen

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep... from germany Very Happy

You're right... double click... how could i ... Rolling Eyes

Case out of paper??? Just for the Look or does it really help? Wink

Some games are making trouble... Mega Man Wily Wars... (E) and (J)... both Red Screen of death... Dai Maikamura also...

My Card seems to be Ok... Diagnostic is OK...

Sorry but i didn't understand fully - do you have Dream Writer Genesis 2.1 ??? From Where???

CU Razz
sizone

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the link worked for me last week. get v 1.6 then get 2.1. it should say .exe only. assuming you can get it to download, put it in the folder the older version installed to.
you'll need to use one of the hacked versions of wily wars. (j)(a1) works for me with the saver enabled (one of the (e)(h) ones works, but doesn't save). a lot of games are region or copy protected. hence the red screen. try a few different dumps and hope for the best.
the flasher doesn't contain any circuitry (other than a few surface mount resistors and maybe a diode). it's really just a parallel to genesis adapter. as such it should be extremely durable. there's nothing on it to break really. just keep it dry and try to keep dust out of the cartridge slot and it should outlive both you and i. i keep mine in an empty check box, mainly to prevent me from stepping on it. the cartridge is the fragile part.
and don't feel to bad about not catching the "double click on the rom name" bit, i had to read the manual to figure it out.
Bishonen

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the hints! I'll keep on trying...

I'am always very frighten when things on Flashcards and Backup-Stations won't work, or even badder, crash, like Vectorman... and i don't know the reason, i can't sleep until i know why... my biggest fear is always that the RAM or Flash Memory is broken, because that would mean the whole device will become useless (Happend to me already two times: My Super Magicom and my Z64 RAM blew up...)

Mega Man uses SRAM?? Wow... how unusual for a Mega Drive Game Wink

Well about the download Problem... on the Tototek Download Page there are two links:

Dream Writer for genesis / mage driver 16bit for 95/98/Me/XP/2000 version 2.1 10/10/04 (EXE file only)

and

Dream Writer for genesis / mage driver 16bit for 95/98/Me/XP/2000 version 1.6

...both links lead to the following file in the same directory on the Server:

http://www.tototek.com/pio/main1/download/files/mdlink1_60.exe

So... how can anyone download version 2.1?

BYE
Oerg

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ich könnte dir die v2.1 irgendwo raufladen....

LOL

I could upload you the version 2.1...

BTW: Which city do you come from? I live in Frankfurt
Bishonen

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallöchen...

Hochladen.. ja das wäre nett... wenn du irgendwo platz findest.

Zu deinem aktuellen Problem... (Blauer Bildschirm) ...ich hab das Problem zwar nicht aber ich hab soviele Backup-Boxen, ich bin seltsame Probleme gewöhnt, wenn ich's hätte würde ich folgendermaßen vorgehen:

1. Diagnoseprogramm laufen lassen...
2. Alle Kontakte überprüfen, Bios Printer Port auf EPP setzen...
3. Im abgesicherten Modus von Windows arbeiten und flashen...
3. Programm deinstallieren, neu installieren
4. Wenn möglich DreamWriter auf anderem Computer installieren und dort testen...
5. Vor dem Flashen allen anderen Programme, wie Anti-Viren etc... abschalten über den Tast-Manager...

Vielleicht hilft irgendwas davon... ich hatte neulich die seltsamsten Fehler mit meinem GBX-Changer... erst als ich auf ner 2ten Platte Win 98 installiert habe konnte ich meine 16Mbit Cards wieder bespielen....

Ich hätt Dir das hier gern alles per PM geschickt, aber die Forensoftware ist so schlecht installiert das es ständig fehler macht, kannst mir ja mal Deine Email geben... Razz

Meld Dich ma wieder, BYE
Oerg

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diagnoseprogramm führt zu gleichem bluescreen. Sad

Im Abgeesicherten modus meldet das ding "NT Port driver could not start... Something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!" und stürzt ab.

Werde mal meine 2.Platte mißbrauchen um zu flashen Razz

PS: meine e-mail ist

oerg866-at-yahoo.de

Natürlich das -at- durch ein @ ersetzen;)

Bis dann,
Oerg

PS: Bevor ichs vergesse: Der link zur v2.1 funktioniert doch
Oerg

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK also das flashen unter nem anderen Betriebssystem klappt einwandfrei;)

CU,
oerg
Bishonen

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... it seems most of my Problems have been solved...

I finally found the 2.1 Version... (You have to click the Download-Button, not the link itself...)

I found my mysterious window... double click

And it seems that some games are running in an Emulator, but not on the Card... and the only solution seems to be trying different dumps...

I finally got Mega Man running... but Dai Maikamura is crashing after the SEGA logo, an other dump of this game gives me the red screen.. have to try to other dumps...

Has anyone an more accurate MD header Tool? And does anyone know what Header values the MD Pro Card likes/dislikes?

SNES Header seem to be much more detailed and complicated...
Oerg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well,

I use a Hex editor for Header-Editing Wink
SmartOne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Mega Man Reply with quote

Could someone tell me how to get Mega Man: Wily Wars (J) to work? I use the region bypass code, and it still won't play on my American Genesis 2.
Yabier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is you don't mark the CUSTOMER box, so it can't work Very Happy

Anyway, if you have problems use UCON64 to remove the protection. It's the best program so far for MD, SNES, NES, etc. etc.
SmartOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ucon64 isn't working. I'm using the frontend, and I can't get it to do any region fixing. Very frustrating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: