ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making A PC-Engine Case (Slow and Nice)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjoeN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Making A PC-Engine Case (Slow and Nice) Reply with quote

Wel i made this with a spare MD game case, Quick and dirty but it works and it protects the kit

http://www.djoen.webpicturebook.com/md_sms/index.html

The Site can be sometimes offline, it is a free webspace server after all.
Bare with it, try on another time if the link doesn't work.

(Updated the pictures, as you can see, i made space so i can reach the switches)

Also Look At my Game Gear Flashkit Protective Case project

http://www.djoen.webpicturebook.com/Gamegear/index.html

The Site can be sometimes offline, it is a free webspace server after all.
Bare with it, try on another time if the link doesn't work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The PC-Engine Case will be a bit more nicer looking but will take longer to do, cause i have to take care with it being used in duo systems here.

I don't own a Core systems (old small pc-engines white or black) so i don't know how far it sticks out there, those people have to reley on other sources.

Duo/Duo-R/Duo-RX users can wait in patience on a how to make your own PC-Engine Cover Case for your Flashkit.

Greetz
DjoeN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: PC-Engine Protective Case, Done ! Reply with quote

Well bored as i was and couldn sleep i was thinking what to use, when my eyes looked at those minicd cases.
So why not try that.

http://www.djoen.webpicturebook.com/pce/index.html

I could have used transparant tape, but i bet it would be worn off if to much in and out of the pc-engine.

I could have used transparant special tape (strong one) but then i needed to go to the store.

So it is protected now as far and as good as it can. it fits perfect now in all my duos systems.

I don't care about Core systems, but i bet the do, since the insert is not so deep as on the duo systems.

TO All who has any negative Comment:

DO IT YOURSELF, instead of asking etc... Tototek isn't a case making company.

With a little inspiration and a little luck, and the right tools and the right attitude, you can do whatever you want!!!!

Now i shut up.

This was the last one i will do, all my flashkits are protected, unless a new flashkit comes out that is intresting enough to buy (Any Console i own with cart vased games i want a flashkit for (and i own a lot of consoles)

See Ya in the future
vcdfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey don't put yourself down all the time saying their 'dirty' or whatever. You've got off your backside and done something to protect your flash carts. There good ideas aswell, I'm going to make some, maybe not exactly the same, but similar. I think you have to really, like I said, to protect your investments from dust etc etc. I've just bought all the flash cards on Sunday night (GG, PCE, SMS + MD 32X) so they shd be here hopefully for the weekend, when I'll have some time off work to test/use them, and have a go at making some protective casing. Then again, I might just go to some plastic makers and ask them to knock something up professionally for me....could sell them on here, damn, shdn't of said that, someone will nick my idea Smile
Anyway, nuff rambling from me for t'night. Good job DjoeN Very Happy

vcdfan
DjoeN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

héhé, you know, i'll come up with ideas and beta test cases, you do the job properly Wink we sell the cases in a DIY easy fix it kit here (héhé) and so we can buy all new flashcards with the proffit we make Smile

Most imortant is indeed all my cards are protected and work perfect Smile
The hardest job was putting the SMS en MD flashwriters in the case (cutting out, rappid glue that wasn't as rappid as on the box, glue not really very sticky, so i had to come up with things to make it tight so it wouldn come out again after several times plugging in llpt and usb cables (ok i bought a lpt switchbox now Smile but i hate all those cables so i'll keep switching on the kit's itself)

The Gamegear one was the most easy and fastes job, the Pc-Engine one i had tryed out already 4 different types, but it wasn't good enough, till my eyes felt on the plastic case from the mini cd-r, (other jobs was just tape over it or paper etc..., now all OK.

Let's Rock And Roll those Flashcards TOTOTEK Smile

Let's here, What's the next one Smile
inform us
so we can spare the money already for it.

(If you want, here's a list of consoles Cartridge based i have: (OK = I have a flashkit)

Megadrive I (ok)
Megadrive II (ok)
Master System I (ok)
Master System II (ok)
Game Gear (ok)

NES (Would be a dream come true)
SNES (I own A Floppy based Copier, but floppy's suxs)
N64 (i own a V64Jr 512 and a V64 256mb, but cd based, and lpt based
suxs, so i def. need one)
Gameboy (ok - 64mb)
Gameboy Color (ok -64mb)
Gameboy Advance (ok 512mb)
Pokemon Mini (yeah if it was only cause you can't get the games here anymore)

Pc-Engine DUO(ok)
Pc-Engine DUO-R (ok)
Pc-Engine DUO-RX (ok)

Atary Jaguar (YEAH, GOGOGOGO Smile )
Atary Lynx (I need one)
Atari 2600 (ok - YOKO, so Write Once, and no cards, so need a new Rewritable kit - But i def. need one)
Atari 7800 (I def. need one)

Neo-Geo Pocket (ok - 32mb)
Neo-Geo MVS (2 Slots board)

Wonderswan Color (I need one)

MSX (i know there are kits out, but i bet tototek would do the job better)
MSX 2 (same as msx)

Supervision (is it worth it ?)

And this would be also nice:

A Cartridge for PAL megadrive (and US Genesis) to play ALL Imported Megacd/segacd games (jap and US) (The Datel CDX Pro suxs) or a kind of bootdisk) (The multibios chip that exists isn't a solution for everybody and is hard todo on a megacd2) it works nice on e megacd1)
mica51

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Djoen,

i have a question for you :

where did you buy your Neo Geo MVS rewritable card?

Thanks.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neo-geo MVS has no OK behind it (neo-geo pocket has OK)

But MGD2 with the right io interface can flash neo-geo mvs/aes (but good luck on hunting neo-geo mvs flash io Razz i sell on e-bay a MGD2 with game gear and pc-engine interface (working)

DjoeN
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um the Neo I/O can emulate a 138m max AES cart, not MVS. (And it uses D/SRAM, not flash :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> PCE-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: