ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I can't figure out how to get this to work! PLEASE HELP!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Criston

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: I can't figure out how to get this to work! PLEASE HELP! Reply with quote

I have run into one problem after another and Im desperate for answers!!

1st problem: My Windows XP Home Edition screws up the Super Flasher Program. It doesn't show me the whole program. So I downloaded it on a friends PC who has normal XP.

2nd problem: The program looks alright on my friends PC but now I can't figure out how to add games! Nothing is recognized by the program. I have added the smc files to the "roms folder" but nothing happens when I click the "add game" button.... I am so desperate for help!

I have bought the programer and 3 flash carts for Terranigma, Tales of Phantasia and Secret of Mana 2 and if I dont figure this out, then all my money time and effort goes to waist! Sad Sad I even made cool cases for them...

If you know what I may be doing wrong, please help me out! The only thing I can think of is maybe the PC's EPP setting is wrong... Would that effect adding a game or recognizing the flash cart??

HELP!!

Many thanks,
-Criston

Photo 29.jpg
 Description:
Here is the Cart I made for the game... a cart that is useless unless I can figure out how to flash the darn thing!! :(
 Filesize:  71.76 KB
 Viewed:  17189 Time(s)

Photo 29.jpg

RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the specs of your system? Are you using your PC's built in parallel port or an add on card?

also, tell me how you printed that awesome label and got a hold of that black cartridge!
danntor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a different parallel port setting would effect it as well. Get this as well http://hem.passagen.se/tomasf/UserPort/(instructions are in the archive). When it didn't work on a mates computer I used that and it worked great afterward. Make sure the parallel port is on the motherboard as well, because the USB ones do not work all that well
Criston

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, thanks for replying! Smile

eastbayarb, Im not sure what you mean by specs, but I was using a built in port for both mine and my friends. Smile Im glad you like the label! It looks better in real life and when its not backwards Razz I just used Adobe Illustrator and a Killer Instinct game cart to make it lol I printed it on matte photo paper and then finished it off with some 3M label protection tape Smile If you want, I have an extra black cart and I can make another label easy, I would love to send you one if you like.. free of charge Razz Of course you would have to have the flash cart to put in it, but that is super simple.

danntor, Thanks a lot for the advice, I will absolutely try it! What does it mean for the parallel port to be on the mother board? like on the back of the computer? Smile How do I change the setting to the right one? And after I change it, do I have to change the settings on the Super Flasher program?
danntor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criston wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for replying! Smile

eastbayarb, Im not sure what you mean by specs, but I was using a built in port for both mine and my friends. Smile Im glad you like the label! It looks better in real life and when its not backwards Razz I just used Adobe Illustrator and a Killer Instinct game cart to make it lol I printed it on matte photo paper and then finished it off with some 3M label protection tape Smile If you want, I have an extra black cart and I can make another label easy, I would love to send you one if you like.. free of charge Razz Of course you would have to have the flash cart to put in it, but that is super simple.

danntor, Thanks a lot for the advice, I will absolutely try it! What does it mean for the parallel port to be on the mother board? like on the back of the computer? Smile How do I change the setting to the right one? And after I change it, do I have to change the settings on the Super Flasher program?

I meant back of the computer. You go into the BIOS of your computer, Generally Delete or F12 does it (it usually comes up in the corner when you turn your computer on). Find the parallel port settings (just look around) and set it to EPP (ECP works as well I think but try to use EPP) and set the address to 378 (or 378h, same thing). Fairly sure the software comes with 378 set but if it does not go to the SETUP button on the left of the software and set it. Do the Userport stuff after all this and that's it.
Criston

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Danntor! you rock man!

I did the EPP change thing and now I can add the games, but when I try to program it, the Super Flasher says: File not found. I think it has to do with the numbers you say I have to set, let me try that out! Do I set the address to 378 in system bios, or is that something I just do in setup?

I went to the setup and it was already on 378, why do you think it says File not found when I try to program the smc file?
Criston

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem UPDATE lol:

Everything seems great, I have the right EPP setting on and the right address selected in the setup. My cart is being detected. The program works good and I can add a game to the wait list..... BUUUUUT, when I click the "Program" button the Super Flasher says: File Not Found.

Do I have to do anything to the file to get it to be found? It's an .smc file... Why isn't it being found if I can add it to the list? WHY!? lol Razz

I have also tryed other files and the same thing happens... what's up? I'm so close to a successful flash and this is all that stands in my way....

Please help! danntor, eastbayarb, ANYBODY!
danntor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm never had that problem. Reinstalling the program is the only thing I can think of.

Where did you get those black carts? I want to get a black one, PAL SNES here so I want it to match.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criston :

Seems, you missing Multi-game Header file. You need to click on Setup, then point to Multi-game Header file. It should solve your problem.

Your cart case and label is great !! Very Happy
Criston

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy! Thanks! It worked! I can program the cart now, but it didn't work because when I put it in the super nintendo, all I get is a blank screen... Nothing happens when I try to play it.

I have tried to flash both Secret of Mana 2 and Terranigma a few times and I cant get either of them to work on the super nintendo.

I downloaded the rom files from coolroms.com and have checked them on an emulator and they work fine... Is there something that I need to do to get those games to work? Maybe something with snes-tool?

Anybody know? Maybe I need to see if it comes with a header? how do I know if a rom has a header or not?

Anybody know how to get Secret of Mana and Terranigma to flash right?

Does anybody know where to download a copy of these roms that will work?

HeLP!!! Im sooooo close!!!
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Criston,

Have you test your Super Flash Cart before flash game ? Your SNES is NTSC, right ?
Criston

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I tested them when I got them and played Power Rangers hahah Smile And yes I have NTSC Super Nintendo and I ordered the CIC chip with the carts, so I should be in good shape right?

So, what do you think is wrong? The roms?
Criston

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy!!

Help! Now I have an ever BIGGER problem!!
I still havent been able to get a successful flash, so I tried uploading Super Mario World and it worked great! But now when I put the flash carts I have in the programer, the Super Flasher shows some weird squares and random letters and its all jumbled up! If I try to program the cart, the computer program freezes! I tried reinstalling the software. I know my flash carts work because I tested them too Sad Nothing is working out for me Sad

Whats going on?
Criston

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy:

Is your email still tomy@tototek.com? Do you still have that email?
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is my email. I can't find the link to download the game you mention. So, please send to my email.

About your problem, seems, programmer is broken.
Have you follow the info from super flash cart page ? "You need to lean on the right side of Programmer" (because the slot is not original)

Hope it is not broken, only bad contact.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: